Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det. - Page 4

Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det.

This is a discussion on Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 ...to add...these same criminals walk the same streets the rest of us do...so I think your point is moot... My point ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    ...to add...these same criminals walk the same streets the rest of us do...so I think your point is moot...
    My point is moot?... I think not sir. With the right to carry comes the responsibility of a police officer. Cops dpnt mind their own business, they get involved. Cops dont run from gunfire... they run to it. Are you suggesting that the average citizen is as likely as a cop to have pissed off someone in the line of duty enough to want revenge? How many people have the average citizen put away?. How many street gangs does the average citizen challange? How many people does the average citizen shoot it out with compared to the police?

Please dont get me wrong... I am in no way saying that the average citizen should not be armed. I would love to see a standard where citizens could be armed anywhere in the country. I'm not against arming citizens... I'm just saying that citizens are armed in case something happens. The police are armed for when something happens.

Spuk!
    NY27 and Old School like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Oh and then I finish reading the thread (what an immature comment, "panties in a bunch") and confirm you are an elitist; and you can't stand being wrong and still argue from an incorrect stance The detective could still carry in FL regardless of HR218 he would simply have to take the additional steps that the rest of the nation is compelled to take. Why the all the anger pal, just accept that your original statement is flawed.
    Elitist? LOL. Thanks for the opinion, dude. If I was an elitist, I would think that ONLY LEO's should carry firearms. If you have ever read any of my posts in the last 5 years, you would see that I think that every law abiding citizen should carry.

How is my original comment wrong or flawed? I merely pointed out that it was good that Bush had signed HR218 or that Det would have possibly been unarmed. Where did you see me say that citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry out of state? Or, only LEO's should carry out of state? I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, WHEN I'm wrong.

Nice of you to express thanks for LE. But it seems a bit fake to me. By your comments, you are obviously someone who has a problem with cops. Let me guess, you are a "sovereign citizen".

Re-read my original post, understand it, and stop embarassing yourself on a public forum. You're the one who had to make a challenging comment on my original post.

No anger here, "pal". Lighten up, Francis.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

This is my point of view:
    My freedom is being threatened because of violent CRIME.
    I do not have the freedom to come and go anywhere I choose.
    I do not have the freedom to NOT be vigilant and NOT be aware of my surroundings.
    I do not have the freedom to NOT have to know where to stay away from and what to avoid.

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report for 2010,
    (FBI — Table 4 Illinois - Missouri)
    there were 13,988 violent crimes reported of which 265 were murders in my state of Missouri in cities over 100,000 people.

Every time a perp is killed in the act of trying to kill someone else, I put a smile on my face knowing it is one less on the street to do me or anyone else harm.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    How is my original comment wrong or flawed? I merely pointed out that it was good that Bush had signed HR218 or that Det would have possibly been unarmed. Re-read my original post,
    OK at your polite request I have re-read and reposted your original comment.

Good thing that Bush signed HR218 in 2004 or that Det would have had to go unarmed to Florida.
    So after re-reading I can confirm that you are clearly incorrect; you did not say "possibly" you made an absolute declarative statement resulting in my correction:

Nonsense he would just have to conform to what we mortals do and get a FL CCW
    So is your issue with the use of nonsense, I am sorry that was a little harsh. Perhaps, it was the use of mortal that provoked your ire, either way my comments should in no way drawn the malicious, sarcastic comments you have posted.

stop embarassing yourself on a public forum.
    I have not embarassed myself except that I imprudently continue to debate your puerile logic.

Where did you see me say that citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry out of state?
    I have not said nor did I imply that you made such a claim or comment.

Or, only LEO's should carry out of state?
    Again, I never made that assertion.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, WHEN I'm wrong.
    Yes you do have a problem admitting that you made a less than factual statement (see above).

Nice of you to express thanks for LE. But it seems a bit fake to me. By your comments, you are obviously someone who has a problem with cops. Let me guess, you are a "sovereign citizen".
    Why accuse me of being disingenuous? What comments indicate I have a problem with cops? The only problem I had was your original incorrect statement. Now after your volley of vitriolic verbal assaults I have found a distinct dislike for the heinous, elitist, arguementative, arrogant public servant attitude your comments continue to portray. As for "sovereign citizen" I have yet to use that term to describe myself in any context. As far as my use of the term elitist, I find that throughout this discussion, your attitude of superiority and privilege based on your employment is more than enough to warrant the use on the term.

Have a nice life I am done replying to your comments lest, you draw me into your low level of vulgar discourse.
    Last edited by bbqgrill; August 1st, 2011 at 12:51 AM.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    OK at your polite request I have re-read and reposted your original comment.

So after re-reading I can confirm that you are clearly incorrect; you did not say "possibly" you made an absolute declarative statement resulting in my correction:

So is your issue with the use of nonsense, I am sorry that was a little harsh. Perhaps, it was the use of mortal that provoked your ire, either way my comments should in no way drawn the malicious, sarcastic comments you have posted.

I have not embarassed myself except that I imprudently continue to debate your puerile logic.

I have not said nor did I imply that you made such a claim or comment.

Again, I never made that assertion.

Yes you do have a problem admitting that you made a less than factual statement (see above).

Why accuse me of being disingenuous? What comments indicate I have a problem with cops? The only problem I had was your original incorrect statement. Now after your volley of vitriolic verbal assaults I have found a distinct dislike for the heinous, elitist, arguementative, arrogant public servant attitude your comments continue to portray. As for "sovereign citizen" I have yet to use that term to describe myself in any context. As far as my use of the term elitist, I find that throughout this discussion, your attitude of superiority and privilege based on your employment is more than enough to warrant the use on the term.

Have a nice life I am done replying to your comments lest, you draw me into your low level of vulgar discourse.
    Thanks. I got a good laugh out of that. I should have known the type of person that I was dealing with after your first comment. But I'm glad that you took the time to dissect and give new meaning to my original post.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links