Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det.

This is a discussion on Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Almost was bad, but it looks like the detective will be ok and it didn't turn out as well for the goons (I love how ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Good: Attempted robbery of a vacationing NYPD Det.

Distinguished Member

Almost was bad, but it looks like the detective will be ok and it didn't turn out as well for the goons (I love how the Post called them that!) as they would have hoped. Here is to a speedy recovery of the detective!

Two charged in Miami robbery attempt of vacationing NYPD detective Harold Thomas - NYPOST.com

The goons, Mustafa Lee, 28, and Francisco Henriquez, 35, of Miami, have long rapsheets that include prior robbery convictions, cops said. The armed robbers ambushed Det. Harold Thomas, 48, at gunpoint in the courtyard outside his hotel room Friday, police said.

Thomas told cops he feared he would die and pulled his own gun before exchanging fire with the perps. The detective’s girlfriend and his partner on the Joint Terrorism Task Force told Miami Beach cops they were in their hotel rooms when they heard about a dozen shots and found Thomas on the ground, bleeding profusely.

The wounded cop was unconscious by the time police arrived but he recovered enough to give a full account of the crime and identify the suspects in a photo array from his hospital bed, sources told the Post. He is now in stable condition at Miami’s Ryder Trauma Center.

Here is another report: http://policelink.monster.com/news/a...g-of-detective
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Too bad the dirtbag will just be taking a long vacation instead of a permanent one.
    Glad the detective will be O.K.!
    Old School likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

a suspicious gunshot victim had arrived at the Plantation Hospital around 9 or 10 a.m. seeking treatment and was scheduled to be transferred to Broward General Hospital.
    Let me translate. He doesn't have insurance and Broward General will bill the taxpayers.

Henriquez has had a slew of felony arrests dating back to 1997, including a second-degree felony involving a homicide. His latest was a 2010 armed robbery.
    And he was on the streets........why?
    adric22 likes this.

If he exchanged fire with the perps and he didn't hit them at Armed Robbery distance he may need to spend more time at the gun range,I will say that there are a lot of LEO's that never fire a gun until they have to qualify,and their targets show it,add in adrenaline and tunnel vision and it gets worse
    garyacman likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If he exchanged fire with the perps and he didn't hit them at Armed Robbery distance he may need to spend more time at the gun range,I will say that there are a lot of LEO's that never fire a gun until they have to qualify,and their targets show it,add in adrenaline and tunnel vision and it gets worse
    If a suspicious party entered a hospital looking for treatment, then I would suspect that the Det did score a few hits.

Good thing that Bush signed HR218 in 2004 or that Det would have had to go unarmed to Florida.
    Old School and JOHNSMITH like this.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Too bad the dirtbag will just be taking a long vacation instead of a permanent one.
    Glad the detective will be O.K.!
    Dude, are these comments completely necessary? Whenever someone posts an article about a gang banger or somebody of less than questionable character getting shot, you rejoice. Yeah, they've done some bad things, but killing humans is a serious act no matter the circumstances.

I guess it's all fun and games on the internet.
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Dude, are these comments completely necessary? Whenever someone posts an article about a gang banger or somebody of less than questionable character getting shot, you rejoice. Yeah, they've done some bad things, but killing humans is a serious act no matter the circumstances.

Bin Laden has done some bad things and I rejoice when he was slotted by the SEALS. Most people are glad if bad guys are six feet under especially with such long, violent rap sheets that the government can't keep them locked up. retsupt99's other sentiment was happiness that the detective was ok. all in all, most folks would probably reflect retsupt99's sentiments. I am not starting a flame war but just explaining a point a view. yut.
    OD* likes this.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    He ran behind a tree and was exchanging fire from cover and still put a few on target.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Cold Shot,

You of course are entitled to your opinions.

I have no sympathy for those who choose to make their living as criminals making honest law abiding citizens their prey.

This time they picked the wrong target.

Both of these individuals have long criminal histories to include homicide.

Look at some of the comments written by the readers of the posted article.

Would you have the same compasion for these two if it was a loved one of yours they chose to victimize?

They live their lives to make victims of others.

Now honest people will have to pay for these two cruds room and board, trials and appeals.

Some of us are fed up with doing this over and over again. I am in complete agreement with retsupt99 comments.

OS

Two Men Charged In Shooting Of Detective - PoliceLink
    Last edited by Old School; July 31st, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Raider39a View Post
    Bin Laden has done some bad things and I rejoice when he was slotted by the SEALS. Most people are glad if bad guys are six feet under especially with such long, violent rap sheets that the government can't keep them locked up. retsupt99's other sentiment was happiness that the detective was ok. all in all, most folks would probably reflect retsupt99's sentiments. I am not starting a flame war but just explaining a point a view. yut.
    I didn't rejoice when he was killed by SEALs - it was a business decision that was long overdue. I'm fine with the idea that people have the right to defend themselves against criminals. If someone has to kill a bad guy in self defense, then so be it. I'm just curious as to why people like retsupt feel the need to post that they wish that complete strangers should die? oorah.
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Cold Shot,

You of course are entitled to your opinions.

I have no sympathy for those who choose to make their living as criminals making honest law abiding citizens their prey.

This time they picked the wrong target.

Both of these individuals have long criminal histories to include homicide.

Look at some of the comments written by the readers of the posted article.

Would you have the same compasion for these two if it was a loved one of yours they chose to victimize?

They live their lives to make victims of others.

Now honest people will have to pay for these two cruds room and board and trials and appeals.

Some of us are fed up with doing this over and over again. I am in complete agreement with retsupt99 comments.

OS

Two Men Charged In Shooting Of Detective - PoliceLink
    It's fine that he got shot: I don't have sympathy nor do I care if a criminal gets killed in the commission of a felony. But every time something like this happens people come on this forum and say immature things.

I don't seek compassion from anybody. If somebody wrongs me or my family, then I will handle the situation as I see fit. If anybody has read anything I've posted, this does not necessarily mean calling the police.

I'm wondering about the intentions of the celebratory mindset that retsupt always has when he reads that a human being gets shot or killed.

I have never seen rejoicing on retsupt99's part except when an armed criminal is caught in the act by a law-abiding citizen or LEO and receives the results of one of the occupational hazards of their line of work.

"If somebody wrongs me or my family, then I will handle the situation as I see fit. If anybody has read anything I've posted, this does not necessarily mean calling the police." {quote} Cold Shot

Interesting philosophy on your part sir.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I have never seen rejoicing on retsupt99's part except when an armed criminal is caught in the act by a law-abiding citizen or LEO and receives the results of one of the occupational hazards of their line of work.

"If somebody wrongs me or my family, then I will handle the situation as I see fit. If anybody has read anything I've posted, this does not necessarily mean calling the police." {quote} Cold Shot

Interesting philosophy on your part sir.
    Personal responsibility... the whole country could use a dose.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Good thing that Bush signed HR218 in 2004 or that Det would have had to go unarmed to Florida.
    Nonsense he would just have to conform to what we mortals do and get a FL CCW
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

What if you are in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban and one of them kills your buddy, then you shoot him but don't kill him. You are obligated to give him medical treatment. In my opinion I would rather be looking at a dead terrorist that can never harm one of my brothers ever again then think after we patch him up he might end up back on this mountain trying to kill more Americans.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links