Not Looking Good : Man Arrested for Shooting Wife

This is a discussion on Not Looking Good : Man Arrested for Shooting Wife within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not many details on this yet. I have actually worked in the area where the shooting occured. It is a "nice" area with a smattering ...

Thread: Not Looking Good : Man Arrested for Shooting Wife

Not many details on this yet. I have actually worked in the area where the shooting occured. It is a "nice" area with a smattering of crime but this is looking bad for the guy.

East Pea Ridge woman dead; husband charged with first-degree murder
    July 31, 2011 @ 10:43 AM

PEA RIDGE, Huntington, WV — One woman is dead and her husband has been arrested on first-degree murder charges following a shooting that occurred late Saturday in East Pea Ridge.

Constance Smith, 62, a resident of the 6100 block of Birkewood Drive, was found dead in her home about 11 p.m. Saturday by Cabell County Sheriff’s deputies. She had suffered a single gunshot wound to the head, Cabell Sheriff Tom McComas said.

Her husband, Harry Lee Smith, called 911 at 10:52 p.m. and said his wife had been accidentally shot. Deputies and EMS paramedics went to the home, where it took some time for Harry Lee Smith to answer the door, McComas said. Upon entry, deputies found Constance Smith’s body in a den area of the residence.

“He originally told our detectives, ‘it was an accident, it was an accident, it was an accident,’ and gave us a chain of events that allegedly took place,” McComas said. “But the totality of the circumstances and the evidence found by detectives indicate to us that this was more than an accident.”

Harry Lee Smith was taken to the Sheriff’s Department field office in Ona, where he was interviewed by detectives. He gave an official statement that the shooting was accidental, but he did not deny pulling the trigger of the .38-caliber revolver that was used in the shooting, McComas said. No one else appeared to be in the home at the time of the shooting, he said.

Smith was arrested for first-degree murder and taken to the Western Regional Jail, where he was awaiting arraignment Sunday morning. Constance Smith’s body was was sent to the state Medical Examiner’s Office for examination.

East Pea Ridge woman dead; husband charged with first-degree murder - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    It was an accident. He pointed the gun at his wife's head and pulled the trigger. It was an accident.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    It was an accident. He pointed the gun at his wife's head and pulled the trigger. It was an accident.
    Yep, the poor guy.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I never will understand why people cannot just leave a bad relationship or one they are just not happy with. Unfortunately you see this kind of thing happening all too often.

Thumbs down

She got me PO'd.

I just wanted to scare her.

I pointed the gun at her head and cocked it as a threat.

I never ment to shoot her.

Suddenly it just went bang.

It was an accident, it was an accident, it was an accident.

Surley you can understand that can't you?
    Last edited by Old School; July 31st, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I tolded her to quit nagging me ,nag,nag,nag,nag,nag, The next thing I know she said if ya want me to stop nagging ya gionna have to shoot me
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    He was dumb enough to make a statement without a lawyer, so he's probably dumb enough to have committed the crime he is being charged with.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

You never know, quite well may have been an accident. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links