Officer involved shooting ... in my old neighborhood

This is a discussion on Officer involved shooting ... in my old neighborhood within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This event took place in front of a house we used to rent. The situation is sad, but I support the officer's actions in this ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Secret Spuk

Thread: Officer involved shooting ... in my old neighborhood

Officer involved shooting ... in my old neighborhood

This event took place in front of a house we used to rent. The situation is sad, but I support the officer's actions in this situation.

ETX man shot and killed after allegedly stabbing two police offi - KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |
    Last edited by slingshot554; August 2nd, 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: remove word

2. Remove Ads

"They didn't have to shoot him in the way they did. They could have shot him anywhere but his head". {Quote} Suspects great aunt.

Yes I suppose when you are getting attacked and stabbed with a knife by a mentally unstable individual you need to think more about where you shoot him to stop the attack.

Maybe they could have shot the knife out of his hand.

Get a grip lady.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    "They didn't have to shoot him in the way they did. They could have shot him anywhere but his head". {Quote} Suspects great aunt.

Yes I suppose when you are getting attacked and stabbed with a knife by a mentally unstable individual you need to think more about where you shoot him to stop the attack.

Maybe they could have shot the knife out of his hand.

Get a grip la

OS
    Well said

If they can say the perp allegedly stabbed the two officers... why not say the two Officers allegedly shot him? Then they can put him on an alleged ambulance, and take him to an alleged hospital. There he can be allegedly be pronounced dead by someone who alleges to be a doctor.

He stabbed the cops... They shot hin in self defense... Thats it...
    NY27 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    If they can say the perp allegedly stabbed the two officers... why not say the two Officers allegedly shot him? Then they can put him on an alleged ambulance, and take him to an alleged hospital. There he can be allegedly be pronounced dead by someone who alleges to be a doctor.
    Amen, brother. One of the most overworked, misused and abused words in the lexicon of today's news media.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    He could'a stabbed them anywhere but where he did. He didn't have to stab them that way...

His family didn't do their job. THAT'S why the man is dead.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Would you believe that there was another officer involved shooting Today in another town about 10-15 miles away from this incident? The perp in this shooting also came at the
    officers with a knife. Here's the story:

Man shot after charging Gladewater officers with knife has died - KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |

The family is to blame. Thank God the officers are ok and came out on top this time. Too many stories of it going south for LE.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Poor retard, blame the family.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

The cops had few choices...being in the situation, one would have to choose a life his/her own or the clown stabbing with the knife.
    I have no problem with the decision made.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Looks like (GRET aunty) took a few sots to her mouth J/K ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Links