MWAG being reported on VA Tech campus (Merged)

This is a discussion on MWAG being reported on VA Tech campus (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just hearing this on Fox news....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: MWAG being reported on VA Tech campus (Merged)

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Just hearing this on Fox news.

I just got a news alert on my phone as well... following it now...

"MWAG"...took me a minute
    3rdGen.Glock19.TaloEdition
    Glock.Factory.NS
    Remora.#10.RFT.SS
    16.GDJHP.124g.+P
    24/7

Nothing but MWAG call for now....... hope that's all it is, a call.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Developing news story link for the rest of us....
    Virginia Tech on Lockdown After Reports of Gunman on Campus - FoxNews.com

Glock Certified Armorer

Virginia Tech Gunman on Loose on Blacksburg, Virginia Campus - ABC News

Early this morning, three kids attending a camp at the university told authorities that they saw a white male, six feet tall with light brown hair holding what may have been a gun, said Mark Owczarski, a campus spokesman.

The kids said the weapon was covered by a cloth. The man was wearing a blue and white striped shirt, gray shorts and brown sandals, Owczarski said.
    I could very well be proven wrong, but I'm calling shenanigans.
    BugDude likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thanks for the link. Might not be anything... but better safe than sorry...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is a false alarm, as an alumni it would sicken me if this happened again!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Virginia Tech Gunman on Loose on Blacksburg, Virginia Campus - ABC News

Early this morning, three kids attending a camp at the university told authorities that they saw a white male, six feet tall with light brown hair holding what may have been a gun, said Mark Owczarski, a campus spokesman.

The kids said the weapon was covered by a cloth. The man was wearing a blue and white striped shirt, gray shorts and brown sandals, Owczarski said.
    I could very well be proven wrong, but I'm calling shenanigans.
    It does sound far too vague to be believable.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It may have been a gun, but it also may have been a plate of cookies. Now it is panic city on campus and has made national news.

It also could be staged for political purposes. "Never let a crisis go to waste."
    Inspector71 likes this.

VIP Member

Exclamation Virginia Tech Lock Down

VT over reacting in my opinion. 3 youth attending a summer camp reported they say someone with what might have been a handgun under a cloth in his hand. School lock down and calls in police from surrounding communities as well as VSP.

Question is, what are they going to do even if hey find someone who is legal to carry? VA state law does not prohibit weapons on college campuses, except at VCU/MCV. Other thaan that it is only a violation of school policy and not punishable by law unless ask to leave and you refuse.

Virginia Tech on lockdown after report of gunman on campus | The News Journal | delawareonline.com
    BugDude likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The fact of the matter is that they were attacked. And they are edgy. If you got robbed and your family got harmed, you would call the police a little earlier the next time you had a major suspicion. (3 people thought they saw it.)

I don't know what they would do. Probably try to find something to stick the permit holder with but if nothing, just let him go and move on.

I just don't think we can blame them for being a little paranoid after what happened last time. (Not that that is a excuse for a "guns=violence" attitude. )

My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhawk View Post
    It may have been a gun, but it also may have been a plate of cookies. Now it is panic city on campus and has made national news.

It also could be staged for political purposes. "Never let a crisis go to waste."
    How about that ABC news headline "Virginia Tech gunman loose on Blacksburg, Va campus." I'm afraid legal gun owners don't stand a chance in this anti society we live in. Pray for us all.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

VIP Member
    [sarcasm /on]nah, can't be a gun.....the University determined the threat of a MWAG wasn't enough to warrant persons with CCW permits to carry on campus and their security was good enough, so therefore this can't be, if this thing were able to happen then the University would allow people to legally carry to defend themselves, no way there is another gunman on campus.....[sarcasm /off]

I hope its not, but any school/agency these days won't take any chances, especially since VT was fined for waiting too long to send out alerts in the 2007 shootings
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links