Huge mob attacks at state fair

This is a discussion on Huge mob attacks at state fair within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is becoming more prevalent. I am glad I got my CHL. Clip Syndicate Video: Homepage Channel...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Huge mob attacks at state fair

This is becoming more prevalent. I am glad I got my CHL.

Clip Syndicate Video: Homepage Channel

They appear to be racially motivated towards whites. Something that appears to be happening more and more in the country recently. I wonder how long it will be until people lose their politically correct views and realize that anyone can be discriminated against, regardless of color, and that it seems to be tipping more towards whites now.

Too bad this didn't happen after Wisonsin's CC laws take effect.
    Sky Pilot, Magnum and TN_Mike like this.

Well, this is part of the reason I don't like fairs. Large crowds of not the best people in cramped spaces. People start beating on my Jeep like that they'd better be willing to get run down, because I guarantee you I will.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    This has always concerned me when taking my family to our annual state fair up in Columbia. It's a no-carry zone with metal detectors at the entrance. Once outside the entrance, you're on your own until you make it to your car.

It's sometimes a fine line between safety and quality of life. We'll go again this year and take our chances.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    This in Wisconsin, no less. I'd better get a large canister of Bear Repellent in the car! Minnesota's state fair is coming up & I may have to drive in the area.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Not likely to happen at the Texas state fair. Only place we can't carry is inside the Cotton Bowl. That and Dallas PD has a pretty good presence there. I especially enjoy the goofy looking lifeguard chairs they have. Functional, yes. Stylish, not even close.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Well, this is part of the reason I don't like fairs. Large crowds of not the best people in cramped spaces. People start beating on my Jeep like that they'd better be willing to get run down, because I guarantee you I will.
    Very well said

With all the toothless hicks down here, just add a fair and alchol and you have big problems

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I especially enjoy the goofy looking lifeguard chairs they have. Functional, yes. Stylish, not even close.
    Ours have these fancy scissor-lift things. It's like a small office on a lift. A/C, power, the whole 9 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    With all the toothless hicks down here, just add a fair and alchol and you have big problems
    Yeah... And let's face it, there's a heck of a lot of alcohol at state fairs.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

A good heavy duty walking stick for my bad knee might be of some use.

If situation gets beyond the ability of the the stick to be effective, then move up to match the threat.

If they touch wife kids or grand kid in a violent way they would not go home at the end of the day.
    Sky Pilot and garyacman like this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Situations like this is why I carry 2 spare mags. Maybe I should considor filling the center console with full magazines.
    Sky Pilot likes this.

Ex Member
    State Fair just started TODAY in Indiana. I usually go and ALWAYS exercise my 2nd Amendment right. Sadly that is something I believe you CAN'T DO IN WISCONSIN. When crowds attack people they KNOW are unarmed what's to stop them?

Vote the Anti's out and join the 'Free States.'

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Makes me re-think the need for carrying a truck carbine.
    Sky Pilot and TN_Mike like this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Well, the fair USED to be a good place to take the kids.
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    State Fair just started TODAY in Indiana. I usually go and ALWAYS exercise my 2nd Amendment right. Sadly that is something I believe you CAN'T DO IN WISCONSIN. When crowds attack people they KNOW are unarmed what's to stop them?

Vote the Anti's out and join the 'Free States.'
    The new CC law that goes into effect November 1st of this year would allow residents with permits to carry into these gatherings. Unless they get posted. The one crux of the state law is that only a 5"x7" sign is required by law. Something that small will be easily missed. The question is, if you can't see the sign, what is the penalty?

There are a couple of other questions due to the ambiguous/conflicting nature of the language regarding a couple of other provisions as well.

cmb
    Out of all the places in Wisconsin to have a state fair they use Milwaukee... city reminds me of Baltimore.
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links