Eight shot to death in Ohio....

This is a discussion on Eight shot to death in Ohio.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is becoming more and more frequent. Police: 8 shot to death in Ohio, including child - Yahoo! News OS...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Eight shot to death in Ohio....

This is becoming more and more frequent.

Police: 8 shot to death in Ohio, including child - Yahoo! News

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Yes it is Old School, very very sad.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Any time, anywhere
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Not good at all.........

No arguement is worth that.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Can't people talk anymore?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The story was short on details.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Not good news. There does seem to be a lack of ability to communicate these days.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Very disturbing, family even.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I didnt read the article. No need as it just ends badly. But there is an uptick in family killings and serious violence and I would like to (opinion) link that to the lack of family values and the lack of economic freedom in our country.

Parents need to stop facebook and start family dinners once again. I'm sorry but I'm old school with a young age (30).
    mprp and Justified like this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I wonder if there is any correlation to the current seemingly ongoing economic pitfall and family violence, and the usual family violence around the holidays (too much money spent on X-mas gifting).

And things are only going to keep getting worse.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Yep... Sad, I keep one eye open when I sleep. Afraid my wife will try to cash in on those insurance policies.

Sad and frightening. This makes me want to get the compound plans moving a bit faster. Akron is an armpit, worst then Cleveland nowadays. No doubt there are many socio-economic reasons for the influx of crime, but we have always had issues to deal with. Our parents and their parents had their economic troubles and heightened civil unrest but that still is no excuse for mass murder. People are becoming cowards who are not intelligent enough to express themselves verbally. I would be more likely to put the blame on education then on economics. Just MHO
    Last edited by Justified; August 8th, 2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling, not good while voicing educational concerns :-)
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Administrator
    Just a side note, this didn't happen in Akron ( which is an armpit) Copley is mostly nice area, traditionally rural with mostly middle to upper middle class single family homes. I lived there as a kid, and still go back on a fairly regular basis.
    Last edited by SIXTO; August 8th, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Just a side note, this didn't happen in Akron ( which is an armpit) Copley is mostly nice area, traditionally rural with mostly middle to upper middle class single family homes. I lived there as a kid, and still go back on a fairly regular basis.
    You are correct Copley is actually a very nice area. I must just be used to Akron and shooting being in the same sentence.
    Last edited by SIXTO; August 8th, 2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: fixed quote
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links