Good: Home Owner defends his neighborhood in Kansas City with old "Soviet Rifle"

This is a discussion on Good: Home Owner defends his neighborhood in Kansas City with old "Soviet Rifle" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; seems we are hearing more and more about the "mob" attacks all over the country. I fear we are only going to hear about more ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Good: Home Owner defends his neighborhood in Kansas City with old "Soviet Rifle"

seems we are hearing more and more about the "mob" attacks all over the country. I fear we are only going to hear about more of these and they are going to get worse. Everyone make sure to lock your doors and ALWAYS carry. ALWAYS.
    garyacman likes this.
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I glad to hear that he did what he had to. But, I am curious as to what would have happened when he used all four/five rounds that rifle holds. But, I think that anyone standing on the wrong end of- what looked like a 7.62X54R- that thing wouldn't have wanted to stand there long. Especially when he got a bead on them...
    His has the side folding bayonet.

This story reminds me that I've been meaning to pick up a couple of extra magazines for my guns lately. Maybe I'll get around to it sooner rather than later.

I'm glad he did what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    But, I am curious as to what would have happened when he used all four/five rounds that rifle holds.
    My guess is that by the second round everyone but the wounded are gone. Just the sound of crickets and a somewhat funny smell left by the mob. I carry for worst case scenario, but most shootings are over after a couple shots. Civilians in running gun battles is the ultra rare exception. Like cockroaches scattering when you turn on the light, they loose all bravado when the shots start coming their way.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

claymores in the yard will move the mob on.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

mel
    I am happy to hear that Mr. McBride was able to react to a situation, that could have been a lot worse, and have a positive outcome. My question is, when are we going to put an end to the overall level of disrespect, and lawlessness that seems to be the accepted norm of the younger generation? Everyday I read more and more stories about situations like this happening. Our legal systems needs to address this issue, and it starts with WE THE PEOPLE!
    eggs likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    I am happy to hear that Mr. McBride was able to react to a situation, that could have been a lot worse, and have a positive outcome. My question is, when are we going to put an end to the overall level of disrespect, and lawlessness that seems to be the accepted norm of the younger generation? Everyday I read more and more stories about situations like this happening. Our legal systems needs to address this issue, and it starts with WE THE PEOPLE!
    Amen. There is sometimes a fine line between the philosphy of 'avoidance' (as being a responsible CCW citizen), and being a victim. I'm dealing with my own gang situation right now, and while walking that line, have started pushing back. The local LEO's are entirely supportive, but just like us, they have to choose their battles. It only took my request for assistance to draw their support and attention.

Good for him, it could have ended badly
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Amen. There is sometimes a fine line between the philosphy of 'avoidance' (as being a responsible CCW citizen), and being a victim. I'm dealing with my own gang situation right now, and while walking that line, have started pushing back. The local LEO's are entirely supportive, but just like us, they have to choose their battles. It only took my request for assistance to draw their support and attention.
    Good Luck with the resolution of your problem. Those types of problems, in addition to being dangerous can be a real PITA.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

He stood up against a real threat,In Texas there is a very clear answer,they wanta push the you can't/won't shoot me and their Mommy's will be crying about what a buncha good boys they were.I don't have an old Russian Rifle,I got a shotty with 00 buck and slugs
    WHEC724 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Glad the creeps did not push it, as they would have just become a martyr in the hoods eyes. And cost the homeowner time and money in the court system. I would not mind being on that jury. But, just hope that in the future the punks don't come back when they have the jump on him. Cause, you just know how roaches can take over.

The neighbor had it right... "These kids... They just wanna be thuds."
    (should be sung to the tune of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper)

And, I am pretty sure he said thuds, not thugs... And, if they were en masse, throwing stones at me, a few of them might make that sound as they hit the ground. Especially if they caught me wearing my blue kilt???? wassup with that?
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Fix Bayonets.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links