CCW'er Thwarts Robbery

This is a discussion on CCW'er Thwarts Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Victim shoots robber at St. Pete Applebee's | TBO.com...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: CCW'er Thwarts Robbery

2. Remove Ads

He definitely stopped the threat. Thumbs up to the police dept there for not trying to charge him.

Interesting that the susp, after being shot by the victim, yelled that his gun was a fake, when it was in fact real and loaded. Don't trust criminals.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

17 yr. old thug INSTANTLY charged as an adult.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Hey, wait just a minute......no guns allowed at Applebee's.....just waiting for a statement from Applebees Corporate Office condemning such a heinous act like......defending your girlfriend's life with a firearm on their property. How dare he.

really too bad the little scumsucker survived his wounds. He'll be back at it as soon as he mends up.

Applebees says no guns allowed
    ep1953 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    BG: It's not a real gun!!

Victim: They're not real bullets!

It's unfortunate that 4 rounds of .38 didn't finish the job. The victim said he was thankful for that. It's his hunt. As long as he's happy with that.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Applebee's can make any rules they want, except they're meaningless in Florida. There's a lot of things distasteful about Florida, but self defense laws are not one of them. Definitely on the leading edge of the right to self defense: shall issue, castle doctrine, immunity from civil prosecution, etc.

They're building a brand new Applebee's here in town. They're just starting the foundation at present. I need to stop by tomorrow and see if they have their no weapons allowed sign up yet. I've never heard of an Applebee's that didn't have the sign. Then again, what they don't know or see can't hurt them...

Good job. One for the good guys.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Investigators took his gun as evidence, but he's planning to buy a new one for safety.
    As most shooting go. This is just more reasons why I bought guns that can take place of each other if one has to be sent to jail for a while.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Our 'victim' stopped the threat. Dead or alive, the thug was taken outta the fight by four on-target hits in a very high-stress situation. Bravo Zulu! Hope the cops give him his gun back soonest.

Reading the comments from the news report, there was an obvious absence of anti's.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

If this is true...Smith will not be charged with any crime because he was acting in self-defense, police said.
    They should not have taken his SD weapon, or they should be giving it back quite quickly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice shooting on Smith, 4 on target. Not too shabby..

It's great to see the good guy win one, but I'm sure a legal mess is right around the corner. Unfortunately, he'll more than likely have a lot of expenses with lawyer fees. As I said, it's good both victims were unhurt, but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes for the after math. I'm sure it'll be costly....gotta love the "system"!

I can imagine the conversation went a little like this, in quick succession:

BANG!
    BG - Stop Shooting!
    Victim - Stop Robbing!
    BANG!
    BG - Stop Shooting!
    Victim - Stop Robbing!
    BANG!
    BG - Stop Shooting!
    Victim - Stop Robbing!

I would say that the conversation went very well and they had a pretty good understanding of eachother, despite having just met.
    Freedom Doc likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links