BAD: 12 Year Old Shot and Killed

This is a discussion on BAD: 12 Year Old Shot and Killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They say lock your guns up and make sure they are unloaded. Well I'm not so sure about the unloaded part. An unloaded gun is ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By SFury
  • 1 Post By ErnieNWillis

Thread: BAD: 12 Year Old Shot and Killed

BAD: 12 Year Old Shot and Killed

They say lock your guns up and make sure they are unloaded. Well I'm not so sure about the unloaded part. An unloaded gun is pretty worthless. This is more of a safety/training issue with the boy.

UPDATE: 12-year-old shot, killed in McDuffie County
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

I have always felt that if you tell kids not to touch something and leave it alone,their curiosity will draw them to it even more.I know when I was their age we would take 22's out in the desert and plink stuff,I was taught gun safety and responsibility at a young age
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Gun-proof your kids!
    ErnieNWillis and msgt/ret like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That's just it, if you teach kids about guns, and the proper respect from an early age things like this don't happen. Hundreds of thousands of homes with guns, and generations of gun owners, prove that to be true. Yet, that doesn't matter to the mainstream media.
    Secret Spuk and 640girl like this.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    My boys 12 and 9 have been shooting for a few years now. They KNOW and UNDERSTAND the power of firearms and what can happen if improperly handled. I can hand my sons a pistol or rifle and the first thing they do is a safety check. This kid had probably never been given proper instruction.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

VIP Member
    My kid is trained up, but it's not him that I worry about. I prefer him and his knuckle-headed friends to hang out at my house (at least I know where they are and what they're doing) and it's his friends that I worry about.

I have loaded guns all over the house, and each is locked in a seperate hidden safe. Nobody is going to find a firearm laying around.

Links