Cherokee, County GA Near my house something bad happened but I dont know what.

This is a discussion on Cherokee, County GA Near my house something bad happened but I dont know what. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was out running with my dog this early morning about 1am. Due to my personal preference to run at night where I cant be ...

Thread: Cherokee, County GA Near my house something bad happened but I dont know what.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Cherokee, County GA Near my house something bad happened but I dont know what.

I was out running with my dog this early morning about 1am. Due to my personal preference to run at night where I cant be bothered. Anyways as I got to the bottom of my street, there were about 2 ambulances a fire truck, a host of police cars, some detectives, etc.... I was jogging down the street and thought that there might have been a house party so I was going to stroll right by minding my own business in the darkness of night and then I ran up on what appeared to be a bunch of officers standing around the back of a car. One of them took notice and asked me to turn around and go the other direction. Well that is the only street out of my neighborhood but out of respect for officers and not know what happened I decided to cut my run short. Before turning around I yelled out quietly to the officers "Did something bad happen" and they said yes. And I said okay be safe and turned around and jogged back home the way I came.

Now what gets me is that I have no idea what happened. Nothing bad EVER happens in my neck of the woods. If anyone out there lives in Cherokee county and knows what the hell happened between Hickory flat highway and East cherokee this early morning i'm all ears. I know we have a large community here from Georgia and someone might know or heard what happened.

I do not want to start arming my-self with my M4 when I leave the house at night because we have gang banging murderers around here.

Thanks ya'll!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

10-1 says it was domestic. Check out your local news, if it was that bad they should mention something.

Distinguished Member
    My guess - suicide that gets default treatment as a murder until proven otherwise and why it didn't make the crime news but check the obits, soon.
    However, there was a domestic dispute sometime before Tuesday evening that happened less than twenty miles from the intersection that you reported.
    Another thing, don't forget that rubbernecking or sightseeing an emergency response scene can get you slapped with a ticket or worse. Good to respect officers the way you did in this instance.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Call Cherokee County dispatch (non-emergency #)and ask. Tell 'em the truth, you live in tha area and concerned for safety/well being.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    My guess - suicide that gets default treatment as a murder until proven otherwise and why it didn't make the crime news but check the obits, soon.
    However, there was a domestic dispute sometime before Tuesday evening that happened less than twenty miles from the intersection that you reported.
    Another thing, don't forget that rubbernecking or sightseeing an emergency response scene can get you slapped with a ticket or worse. Good to respect officers the way you did in this instance.
    Thanks I appreciate it. But there was no rubbernecking @ 1 am with my doberman and I rolling in sweat literally with her little safety light on and my telephone playing music in my ears. I run this route every morning at 12-1am and at least 3 of my neighbors are aware so if I were to get a ticket, I would take it to court and be off the hook in 5 mins or less. Not to mention my freedom of movement without justifiable reason. I didn't want to guess so I didnt argue and just went the other direction. If I had stopped and gawked that would be different but I had no idea they were there due to the dark of night. The funniest and most misleading part was the fact that not one single vehicle had emergency lights on. Not one?? That was just a weird night last night. I still know nothing of what it was. I will call the Sheriff's office tomorrow morning but i'm not worried as far as to put a foia request in haha. Just wondering. I mean dang there were a lot of cops out there now that I think about it.

But good advice for those who do like to sit around and watch police with curiosity.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Let us know what it was when/if you find out
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links