Ohio Will Allow Medical Investigators to be Armed

This is a discussion on Ohio Will Allow Medical Investigators to be Armed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not quite sure what to make of this, but perhaps there has been a need for allowing these types of investigators to be armed. Ohio ...

Thread: Ohio Will Allow Medical Investigators to be Armed

Ohio Will Allow Medical Investigators to be Armed

Not quite sure what to make of this, but perhaps there has been a need for allowing these types of investigators to be armed.

Ohio medical board votes to arm investigators

August 11, 2011 @ 03:51 PM

2011/The Herald-Dispatch

The Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The State Medical Board of Ohio has voted to allow its investigators to carry firearms on the job.

Officials say the Thursday vote comes in response to increased danger to investigators who go after so-called “pill mills” — clinics where unscrupulous doctors overprescribe pain killers to patients who don’t need them.

Investigators had said they have run into armed staff at those clinics. Medical board spokeswoman Joan Wehrle says investigators won’t be allowed to make arrests or act as law enforcement, but will only carry for self-defense.

The next step is for the board to develop a training program for its investigators, as well as guidelines as to when they will be permitted to carry. That plan will be presented to the board at its September meeting.

Ohio medical board votes to arm investigators - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Links