BAD: Police impersonators

This is a discussion on BAD: Police impersonators within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Imagine you're sitting watching TV, having an adult beverage on a Saturday evening when suddenly you hear, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, "Police!! Search warrant!! Show me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: BAD: Police impersonators

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

BAD: Police impersonators

Imagine you're sitting watching TV, having an adult beverage on a Saturday evening when suddenly you hear, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, "Police!! Search warrant!! Show me your hands!!!"

I'm sure this happened very fast, like, smash-and-grab, fast. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt.

Armed men impersonating police terrorize a family

Love to hear how you forum members/trollers would have reacted.

2. Remove Ads

Well, I don't think I am going to submit to "police" wearing masks.

Glad no one was hurt.

Sounds to me like law enforcement needs stiffen up the penalty for impersonating an officer(DEATH). This is actually a real bad situation for law enforcement and honest citizens.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

First off, I have and use a peeps hole in my door. Somebody would have to spend some serious money to make a uniform to fool me. If they did gain entry I would still be concealing and always answer the door ready.
    Furthermore, if I was uber suspicious I would call 911, let them know my concerns and confirm I had police at my address.

Posted via Tapatalk for the HTC Evo.

While it doesn't specifically state it,I get the impression that they forced entry.

That is one situation that I really hope I never wind up in, as I would have to make the decision on the fly, at the time.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I am in a rather unique situation so that I really don't have to worry about it being real cops. If it happens, I know up front it will be impersonators.

Secondly, they will have to spend a good deal of time battering my door down giving me ample time to adequately prepare to repel any unauthorized boarders.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Pseudo Cops play the home invasion game down here all the time,there have been a few instances where homeowners shot the impersonators,I have said it before,I don't have any reason for the POPO to be raiding my house,therefore somebody yelling Policia with a thick spanish accent is gonnna meet Mr Colt,or Mr Mossberg
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This happens countless times in and around Detroit. People getting pulled over by fake cops, fake cops committing home invasions. I even had a fake cop try and harass me in a bar one time.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    According to an interestingly worded line in the link:
    It's possible the suspects escaped with more than a thousand dollars in cash.
    Sounds like they knew their target had money and probably knew those that they robbed.

Dukalmighty has it right, though.
    I don't have any reason for the POPO to be raiding my house,therefore somebody yelling Policia....

Distinguished Member
    Since I know some of the guys on the SWAT team, I'm not too worried about being fooled.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

As stated above, I'm NOT worried one bit I have a 100+ yrd driveway & I'm a Law abiding person, So 99% chance it's BGs ; )PS We know what BGs get
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

What's the difference from a real police action serving a no-knock warrant on the wrong house? you're just as dead if you resist. There's no way to tell.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    First off, I have and use a peeps hole in my door. Somebody would have to spend some serious money to make a uniform to fool me. If they did gain entry I would still be concealing and always answer the door ready.
    Furthermore, if I was uber suspicious I would call 911, let them know my concerns and confirm I had police at my address.

Posted via Tapatalk for the HTC Evo.
    Did you read the article? Sounds like there was no time to look out of a peep hole or call 911. The article implies they busted in like they were on a raid and the victims had no time to react before the impersonators were inside.

I live in about the same area as duk and I agree, For a while all you read in the paper was psuedo cops breaking into homes and what not. Theres even a few who have pulled over people and rape'd women who pulled over thinking they were getting stopped for a traffic violation.

Bad people out there.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    One way is to live in a gated community. It's hard to see how they'd have the wrong address, and though the gate won't keep out a LEO, they will contact us if anyone is coming. Also, with one moving violation in 60 years on Earth and no felonies or anything, neither of us are in the system.

I'd like to know their MO. Do they get partly dressed as LEOs and then when near the target put on their tops and hats? Obviously, it's hazardous to drive down the highway to the target fully garbed.

If you look at the premise upon which the country is founded (allegedly), it's that it's better for ten guilty people to go free than to harm or imprison one innocent. We've gotten WAY too far away from this. No-knocks are a big problem with wrong addresses and collateral damage - why are they willing, in fact eager to risk harming innocents AND they don't repair the damage to your door or apologize. To me this makes the whole idea of a 'police force' that is hired (not elected like the Sheriff) a very bad thing. They are there to enforce the agenda of the people that hired them NOT the Constitution or the law. They are there to generate revenue, exhibit their 'macho', and make arrests and as they've long known not to serve or protect any individual.

BUT we have been fooled, only recently finding out that the police only protect or serve the population in general or at large, not any one person, whom they can allow to die or be harmed with impunity.

$.02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links