BAD- Home invasion in CT last night

This is a discussion on BAD- Home invasion in CT last night within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Even if this guy who came home was carrying, his family was already tied up and it would have been him against 5. Article doesn't ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BubbaDX

Thread: BAD- Home invasion in CT last night

Even if this guy who came home was carrying, his family was already tied up and it would have been him against 5. Article doesn't say how many BG's had firearms.

Family Held At Gunpoint During Home Invasion - Courant.com

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    nice thing about money is you can buy services....and who does the owner of the lawn service generally hire for minimum wage to run the mower or do the trimming?

so guess again who notices things while cleaning the indoor pool? or is it the maid that comments to a boyfriend?

you own a nice house, is it wrong to enjoy what your money can buy?
    getting to seem risky.

no one hurt, raped or threatened...the case will not be front burner; though in 6 months, whatever, they will be caught for
    something else and tied back to this. perhaps sooner if their parole officer notices that they miss a meeting this week and
    bothers to report him.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

mkh
    no one hurt, raped or threatened...the case will not be front burner;
    You mean the Police won't form a tomato sauce bandit task force? Shocking.

Seriously, this brought up an important flaw in my security procedures. The father came home and walked into this with no warning. Just because the lights are on and the family is at home it doesn't mean its safe to enter your own home. I'm no considering how to know it is safe to enter and not assume everything is fine with the wife and kids.

VIP Member
    Location is a "bedroom community" a few miles from New Haven; which isn't a very nice place. Not surprised by the spill over. Most everything west of the CT River is effectively an extension of NYC and the metro region.

(I will now get flamed by other Yankees who live on the west bank; oh well :) )

Stuff happens everywhere. There is no place that can be deemed totally safe. All it takes is one neighbor kid on drugs or schizo.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    ... I'm no considering how to know it is safe to enter and not assume everything is fine with the wife and kids.
    Video surveillance that you can monitor with your iPhone or Droid phone.
    Bark'n likes this.

I have seen quite a few of these home invasion post on this forum lately and it has me thnking.....

How can I conceal an AR-15 with a 30rnd bananna clip?

Seriously, I don't think I will ever CC with just the mag thats in may carry weapon of choice that day there will always be an extra mag form now on. I have been enlightened by you folks as well as others about the numbers these cowards are now traveling in.

If more peolpe would be prepared and willing to fight back theses thugs would cower in fear and leave good people alone. There is a reason it takes five of them(COWARDS).
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

The last few years these reports have more and more thugs involved in the invasions. I've now gone to a 12+1 capacity .45 for HD where it used to be a 6 shot .357 revolver. The times they are a changin'.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Sponsored Links