6000% increase in aluminum baseball bat sales in UK

This is a discussion on 6000% increase in aluminum baseball bat sales in UK within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by alachner I agree. Nonetheless, immigrants are not always bad and they are very beneficial to a country when they go to their ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 6000% increase in aluminum baseball bat sales in UK

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I agree. Nonetheless, immigrants are not always bad and they are very beneficial to a country when they go to their new host country to work hard, integrate, adopt the language and respect the local laws. Remember that the US is a country built by immigrants (English, Irish, German, Mexican, etc.).

There is a huge difference between an immigrant and someone who just moved from another country. An immigrant merges with the general population and embraces the new culture. What is going on in London is a large group of foreign born people who never left the old country behind, much the same as with many Mexican "immigrants" here.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    There is a huge difference between an immigrant and someone who just moved from another country. An immigrant merges with the general population and embraces the new culture. What is going on in London is a large group of foreign born people who never left the old country behind, much the same as with many Mexican "immigrants" here.
    Or "little Italy," or "Chinatown," "Germantown," "Czech Village," and all the other enclaves in municipalities all across our nation... What's your point?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Distinguished Member
    I saw a post that had Great Britain's law about using weapons. If I remember correctly, it said that any defensive weapon would be considered an offensive wepaon when used, and all offensive weapons were illegal. Wouldn't that cover bats?

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    In the Wall Street Journel Opinion Section today there was an article about how criminals rule in England. In one example, a criminal attacked a man with a knife. During the ensuing struggle the criminal was fatally wounded by his own knife while the victim was trying to defend himself from attack. The prosecutors were getting ready to charge the victim with murdering the criminal until public outcry caused them to stop.

I suspect there will be prosecutions for ADW as soon as one of those bats purchased for defense is actually used for defense. Why would anyone want to live in a society where criminals rights exceeded victim's rights? It's just wrong.

Fitch
    garyacman likes this.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    In the Wall Street Journel Opinion Section today there was an article about how criminals rule in England. In one example, a criminal attacked a man with a knife. During the ensuing struggle the criminal was fatally wounded by his own knife while the victim was trying to defend himself from attack. The prosecutors were getting ready to charge the victim with murdering the criminal until public outcry caused them to stop.

I suspect there will be prosecutions for ADW as soon as one of those bats purchased for defense is actually used for defense. Why would anyone want to live in a society where criminals rights exceeded victim's rights? It's just wrong.

Fitch
    It is wrong. But, that seems to be where this country is headed. Slowly, but surely.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    No need to bet. My buddy from the UK, who still has friends and family there, said exactly what you're saying. The majority of the rioters are non-native UK-ers. And it's going to get worse before it gets better.

As noted in the other thread(s) on the London riots topic, it's time the US gov't and law abiding Americans took note of what's going on over there and to be prepared.
    It's already made it's way across the pond. Just not to the scale they are seeing in the UK. The flash mobs we are seeing around this country are just a small scale version of it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

This is my favorite metal bat.

RG-11LG.jpg
    8th ID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    No need to bet. My buddy from the UK, who still has friends and family there, said exactly what you're saying. The majority of the rioters are non-native UK-ers. And it's going to get worse before it gets better.

As noted in the other thread(s) on the London riots topic, it's time the US gov't and law abiding Americans took note of what's going on over there and to be prepared.
    Why would I need to lose on this bet when you are 100% correct.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Well let em flash in my neighborhood and they will meet my favorite baseball bat....

Oh and this is not my bat but lets just say I have something close. I wont swing it though unless they decide to go murdering criminal thug mode on my family and property.

ar-15.jpg
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Or "little Italy," or "Chinatown," "Germantown," "Czech Village," and all the other enclaves in municipalities all across our nation... What's your point?
    That Chinatown is a tourist site while the primarily hispanic areas are the downtown slums and aren't really comparible. I've never heard of a little italy, germantown, or czech village (I would actually love to find a czech village. I lived there several years) and presumably they are far smaller and far fewer. A group of a few hundred families living together in a community in one city isn't the same as millions spread across the country.

The fact is that no immigrant population has kept itself so isolated from mainstream American culture as hispanics, just like the groups wrecking havoc in England.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I will bet money that most of the troublemakers are refugees or offspring of Refugees that the Government welcomed with open arms so they could have a better life,and instead they brought their lawless criminal behaviours with them,time to issue out ammo to the army with orders to shoot on sight any looters or anybody destroying property.and any refugees caught looting and destroying property should be deported back to the arm pit they came from
    That's pretty much what the article says. A liberal welfare system couple with unregulated immigration has bred the population they have over there.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I like options.
    ++1.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    This is my favorite metal bat.

RG-11LG.jpg
    A Gladius? Interesting. Rome ruled most of the known world with those...

As far as the UK goes - during WWII, they asked for donations of firearms from US civilians, to arm their Home Guard for repelling a German invasion that never came. Seems they're learning the same lesson all over again.

Maybe their people can arm themselves again like they did back then...with knives taped to the end of a broom handle.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

This just in...The UK Inventor of the Year Award has been presented to a gentleman from Bristol who has designed an aluminum baseball bat that fires a 12 gauge shotgun shell..
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links