6000% increase in aluminum baseball bat sales in UK

This is a discussion on 6000% increase in aluminum baseball bat sales in UK within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Brits arm themselves in face of PC government's failure | The Tennessean | tennessean.com Governments like to imagine they have a monopoly on the use ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 6000% increase in aluminum baseball bat sales in UK

Brits arm themselves in face of PC government's failure | The Tennessean | tennessean.com
    Governments like to imagine they have a monopoly on the use of force. Not true. If the police are not there when you need them, itís up to you. But Brits do not enjoy Second Amendment-type protections; and those who have used firearms in self-defense have sometimes found themselves in jail.

This explains why sales of baseball bats in the U.K. suddenly increased by over 6,000 percent last week. While government fails, the market provides.
    Just a peak into a world with no 2nd Amendment. I personally skipped the baseball bat and upped the amount of Buckshot I have in storage.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if in the UK now baseball bats, tennis rackets, golf clubs, lacrosse sticks, cricket bats, hockey sticks and hammers are banned for civilian purposes or must be purchased with a special permit, since they are now considered a dangerous weapon and can be used to commit crimes.

It's a shame what the UK has become nowadays thanks to a bunch of liberal anti-gun sissies running the government!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I will bet money that most of the troublemakers are refugees or offspring of Refugees that the Government welcomed with open arms so they could have a better life,and instead they brought their lawless criminal behaviours with them,time to issue out ammo to the army with orders to shoot on sight any looters or anybody destroying property.and any refugees caught looting and destroying property should be deported back to the arm pit they came from
    garyacman likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I will bet money that most of the troublemakers are refugees or offspring of Refugees that the Government welcomed with open arms so they could have a better life,and instead they brought their lawless criminal behaviours with them
    No need to bet. My buddy from the UK, who still has friends and family there, said exactly what you're saying. The majority of the rioters are non-native UK-ers. And it's going to get worse before it gets better.

As noted in the other thread(s) on the London riots topic, it's time the US gov't and law abiding Americans took note of what's going on over there and to be prepared.

The sad thing is if they use a bat on anybody they will more than likely be arrested,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I will bet money that most of the troublemakers are refugees or offspring of Refugees that the Government welcomed with open arms so they could have a better life,and instead they brought their lawless criminal behaviours with them,time to issue out ammo to the army with orders to shoot on sight any looters or anybody destroying property.and any refugees caught looting and destroying property should be deported back to the arm pit they came from
    I agree. Nonetheless, immigrants are not always bad and they are very beneficial to a country when they go to their new host country to work hard, integrate, adopt the language and respect the local laws. Remember that the US is a country built by immigrants (English, Irish, German, Mexican, etc.).
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I'll bet they are jsut changing over to American Baseball. No more Cricket Games?
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Hey in a society without projectile weapons, i.e. days of the broadsword, bludgeoning weapons were nasty.

If we ever go to war with the UK make sure you wear a hard hat since body armor will NOT be needed.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

On a side note here yet very much related, is it just me or can we all see how easy it is to take over an unarmed country? I'm thinking of putting my kids' baseball bats on Ebay, no reserve.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    If I cannot have a gun, I will settle for a Louisville Slugger. Not nearly as efficient, but probably more fun.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Man with bat versus gang of thugs = poor outcome for man with bat. Yeah, he might get one or two, but that will just pizz the other thugs off even more.

Now, a shotgun would be completely different outcome IMHO. Most thugs would probably stop and retreat when they see a 12 ga, especially at close-up range.

-
    8th ID likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

People aren't getting axes to chop down some trees to prepare for the cold winter? We're sure that there isn't a huge upswing in baseball enthusiasm, and sudden realization that cricket is silly?

It really is a shame what is happening across the pond, and hopefully it will cause the controlling majority to reevaluate the priorities and "rights"; this whole thing started over the shooting (quite possibly suicide by cop) of a citizen by an anti-gun enforcement team. It's just devolved into a basic class warfare. It's going to be interesting to see where things are at a year from know when the UK is under focus of the eyes of the world during the Olympic games.

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Man with bat versus gang of thugs = poor outcome for man with bat. Yeah, he might get one or two, but that will just pizz the other thugs off even more.

Now, a shotgun would be completely different outcome IMHO. Most thugs would probably stop and retreat when they see a 12 ga, especially at close-up range.

-
    If I am swinging I am swinging for the fences. Take down one or two with a crack the other will back away.

RKM
    Despite having a 12gauge and a .45 close at hand by my bedside, I still have Louisville Slugger (it's genuine ;) stuffed between my mattress and nightstand. Have 7" fixed blade too. I like options.

a new "caliber war" debate

It is sad what the UK is reduced to right now but it provides an interesting question which is better the heavier strike slower recovery of wood or fast multiple strike capability of an aluminum tube. In all honesty my preference is a 3lb axe handle without the head. to each their own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links