Recent youth attacks=tinderbox

This is a discussion on Recent youth attacks=tinderbox within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Fox News has a story about a woman who was mobbed by a gang of girls last May in Philadelphia. The attack was completely unprovoked. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Recent youth attacks=tinderbox

Recent youth attacks=tinderbox

Fox News has a story about a woman who was mobbed by a gang of girls last May in Philadelphia. The attack was completely unprovoked. There are already threads on this site regarding similar attacks in Milwaukee several weeks ago and in Great Britain last week. The Brits can't even legally use the ball bats discussed elsewhere, but incidents in the States may not be so one sided. If this thuggish behavior continues, it's only a matter of time before a pack of predators finds themselves on the receiving end of gunfire. Some of these incidents have unmistakable racial overtones. Could really get ugly.

PC

2. Remove Ads

It's only a matter of time but yes, sooner than later one of these mobs will be met with overwhelmingly superior firepower by citizens here in America and that may help deter further mob action.
    Magnum likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I look forward to seeing the post where 5 would be assailaints get the A**es handed to them by a CC holder, or anyone for that matter.

I wanted to get my CC permit when KS first allowed CC'ing. I kepy putting it off and putting it off. Then I realized, its only a matter of time... Well I have my CCP and I like to think I am ready for these type of thugs, though I'm sure I'm not as ready as I think. That being said I really wish these cowards would pick on someone with the means and will to fight back.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

notice most of these riots and mobs happen in gun free zones..... how strange and peculiar

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    notice most of these riots and mobs happen in gun free zones..... how strange and peculiar
    Seriously. It would be hard to fathom a riot in my little hick town, and as I've stated before, it would be alarmingly brief if it did happen. Country folk don't play.
    garyacman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Seriously. It would be hard to fathom a riot in my little hick town, and as I've stated before, it would be alarmingly brief if it did happen. Country folk don't play.
    \

Same in my area!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Recreational mayhem, recreational rioting, and recreational terrorism, which this was, need to be punished as severly as the law allows. London is a preview of coming attractions if it isn't.

It will be interesting to see the reaction when, as it must happen sooner or later if these recreational violence mobs keep attacking, one of these mobs of kids suffers a failure of the victim selection process and a few of them get hit by gunfire.

In a mob situation it will be close up point and shoot with the trigger being pulled about as fast as it can be the clip runs dry, reloading will be difficult, the outcome is hard to predict but one or more of the recreational rioters perpetrating mayhem on a victim might be seriously or hurt of killed.

We all know what the parents of the mobsters will say about their wonderful kids ...

Fitch
    garyacman likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post

In a mob situation it will be close up point and shoot with the trigger being pulled about as fast as it can be the clip runs dry, reloading will be difficult
    Fitch
    It is my firm opinion that after the first round or two is fired, the rest will be scattering like roaches.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCartwright View Post
    Fox News has a story about a woman who was mobbed by a gang of girls last May in Philadelphia. The attack was completely unprovoked.
    Did Fox News mention why they're running that story now?
    Another slow news day?

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    It is my firm opinion that after the first round or two is fired, the rest will be scattering like roaches.
    I sure hope you are right about that. I tend to think that is what will happen also, but they may be to hyped up to understand what is happening quickly enough to get out of the way. With so many so close the odds of at least one getting hit are higher than normal.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Yeah well, let's face reality. Most of these youths have no father, no education, no morals, no ethics, no job, no money, no motivation, no goals. The sad part is - they don't know what they're missing by lacking all these things. So, they get frustrated and bored.

I'm certainly not defending them in any way, shape or manner. But I can totally understand it, and I think things will get MUCH worse before they get better......

-
    garyacman likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    ...In a mob situation it will be close up point and shoot with the trigger being pulled about as fast as it can be the clip runs dry, reloading will be difficult...
    For the most part, I'd agree with that, azchevy.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    I sure hope you are right about that. I tend to think that is what will happen also, but they may be to hyped up to understand what is happening quickly enough to get out of the way. With so many so close the odds of at least one getting hit are higher than normal.

Fitch
    There's actually a place where I have to go for work that's in another town, where something like this very well could happen. Azchevy is probably right, but I find myself intentionally switching over to a G19 with a spare mag when I go over there vs. the standard 7 -10 round .45's that I normally carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    Another slow news day?
    Probably helps if you read the article

A new video has surfaced showing a group of teen girls attacking a worker outside City Hall in Philadelphia,

Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    Another slow news day?
    The story said the victim had not sought public attention. A recent video of the incident was just released, prompting an interview with the victim.

PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links