Woman killed in self defense

This is a discussion on Woman killed in self defense within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sometimes these stories end up much different than one would first think. When a woman is shot by a man (her fiance'), what would you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Woman killed in self defense

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Woman killed in self defense

Sometimes these stories end up much different than one would first think. When a woman is shot by a man (her fiance'), what would you assume have happened?

Deadly Shooting of Dearborn Mother Ruled Self Defense

2. Remove Ads

Sad story there...Feel bad for the little one, now with no mother for guidance and love...
    Justified likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Very sad indeed. Much loss here.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Sad story all around, no matter what actually happened.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Not a lot of details given. Domestic disputes are always ugly, and as this story proves, there are no winners.
    Bark'n likes this.

Hard to tell exactly what took place?

They were making a video, and she is on the bed with two knives? Could have been a set up? Ok, Honey, I've got the video running, you take these two knives and sit on the bed, I'll sit on this end and video you! Bang!

I'd have to watch the video and ask some more questions.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Why do I suspect that the guy deserved to be stabbed with some knives?

You know what though.. From what I've read, most of the violence we have is domestic violence. I think that also accounts for quite a lot of the murders we have. I think murders against strangers are actually a lot less common. Fortunate for me that I don't have any crazy, violent family members.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Sad story there...Feel bad for the little one, now with no mother for guidance and love...
    But she does have a father. They are just as capable as a mother for providing love and guidance.

Evidently the DA heard/saw something that made him decide it was self defense. Without having access to all the information, that is all we can go on.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

There is always more than meets the eye... Possibly more information to come? Will reveal contray information? Odd.....
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Sad story. How would you like to be an LEO and run into an incident like this while in progress? My hat's off to you, coppers. Some parts of your job are simply impossible.

PC

Well, it's kind of a vague story to say the least. We have no specifics other than the deceased's mother statement. And certainly nothing from law enforcement.

As SFury said, domestic disputes are always ugly, and there's usually no winners.

Sad situation. It's sad to see an A-Stan war veteran go down like that, regardless of who's fault it was. Wars end up having negative effects on people in a lot of other ways besides the obvious ones. Maybe she was having anger issues. Maybe it was something else altogether. Either way, it's a sad ending.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

There is only one call that all the officers I've ever met hate going on. Domestic violence calls.

They are personal, ugly, and potentially very dangerous. By the time the officers are called in, the ability to de-escalate may have already passed. I don't envy the officers who go out and put themselves in harms way. It's a tough job that a lot of people do.

Probably a lot of sides to this story, whatever really happened. Reporting is sketchy. A video may only show the last point of what happened.

Everyone lost.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

It's helpful to remember that a substantial amount of what we call "domestic violence" is, in fact, mutual combat. Lifetime likes to peddle the poor woman tormented by her overbearing husband/boyfriend (and that does indeed happen with distressing regularity) but life is a bit more complicated. Women are generally smaller/weaker than men and in mutual combat, lose badly - regardless of who started it. I doubt we would find ourselves overjoyed to be acquainted with either of these people.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Interesting. I'm willing to bet if the genders were reversed the comments here would have likely been very different...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links