Good: Gunman killed in McD's - Page 4

Good: Gunman killed in McD's

This is a discussion on Good: Gunman killed in McD's within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; RIGHT! I reflect on a couple of JDs around here that have broken up equipment in the local park. A friend of mine SAW them ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Good: Gunman killed in McD's

RIGHT!

I reflect on a couple of JDs around here that have broken up equipment in the local park. A friend of mine SAW them and followed the pair to their house. When confronted by the park supervisor, their parents gave him the "It couldn't have been our children, they were home all day" routine.

Now, I'll assume, they think that they are smarter than the law and will upgrade to who knows what.

Had they been made (allowed) to "pay" for their actions, they would be less likely to follow down the dark path.

The park continues to be attacked and I believe that those same two are involved.

This is one time where the parents would have rather had their son be in a McDonalds and have to say "Do you want fries with that", than be doing what lead him to get killed.

Could he have been a good kid, sure. Does he bear the responsibility for what he did, absolutely. He has now paid the ultimate price for his decisions. Maybe some other kids he knows will learn from this and not repeat it. Unfortunately that isn't the case most of the time, they hold the dead up as martyrs and follow in their footsteps.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

He wa be jus tryin to feeds his cheerin.

I highly doubt this incident was this "good kid's" first criminal act. I mean, who starts their life of crime with this sort of introduction? I bet he's been shoplifting and mugging people for a while. I think most people build up to this type of crime.

Yeah, I also love the comment somebody made about his gangster style shooting. We don't really know that is what happened, but we do know a lot of the criminals do hold and shoot their guns that way. I wonder how many of them have actually gone to a shooting range and practiced shooting?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Could have very well had been the BigMac that done him in, but it would've taken a little longer..

Oh well, poor hamburgler got his just coming's... I guess he's McDead then huh.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

The perp got some 'lead' nuggets, instead of chicken nuggets. Well deserved too.

No sympathies here. Good job by the LEO, with an excellent outcome.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You saying you were a predator?

I did a lot of stupid things as a kid too. Never stuck a gun in someones face and demanded money. Never broke into peoples homes and terrorized them.

The fact that he was 16 means very little to me. The fact that he stuck a gun in someone's face to rob them, and then got in a shootout says all I need to know.

He was a hell of a lot more than just an "at risk youth." He was a stick-up artist and a killer in the making. He would have killed that retired cop and not gave a damn if that's what it took to get away.

Sorry, my sympathy gauge is on empty.
    There is a difference between doing stupid things...and committing a forcible felony with a firearm.

I second Bark'n's statements...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I highly doubt this incident was this "good kid's" first criminal act. I mean, who starts their life of crime with this sort of introduction? I bet he's been shoplifting and mugging people for a while. I think most people build up to this type of crime.

Yeah, I also love the comment somebody made about his gangster style shooting. We don't really know that is what happened, but we do know a lot of the criminals do hold and shoot their guns that way. I wonder how many of them have actually gone to a shooting range and practiced shooting?
    I can guarantee you, homeboy was NOT in a Weaver stance and with a two handed, thumbs forward grip on his illegal gun. And it was probably the first and (thankfully) last time he ever fired it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links