Good: Gunman killed in McD's

This is a discussion on Good: Gunman killed in McD's within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Fortunate that noone else was hurt. Detroit Police: Retired Cop Kills Gunman Inside McDonald's Typical ghetto response from the (dead) perp's family, "He wuz a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Good: Gunman killed in McD's

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Fortunate that noone else was hurt.

Detroit Police: Retired Cop Kills Gunman Inside McDonald's

Typical ghetto response from the (dead) perp's family, "He wuz a goot keeid".

Tomorrow's Detroit News. Perps family sues city for $10 million on wrongful death...

*** is a 16 yr old running around robbing people with a gun??? What am I saying, I live near New Orleans, and it's the same song and dance...The BG gets portrayed as the victim, shamelessly...Sad, sad world we live in.
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Would you like an apple pie with that?

- 1 for the bad guys. I am black and white on this, there are only shades of grey if we do not define black and white well enough.
    ZTF Hitman likes this.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Read in another local news report that more than a DOZEN shots were fired between the retired LEO and the perp. Of course, when you hold/shoot that (stolen) weapon ghetto style, it's highly unlikely you're going to hit your intended target. What's amazing is that no innocents got hit.
    goldshellback likes this.

VIP Member
    "He was a good kid. I see him every day," said uncle Larry Brooks. "I've never known him to carry a gun or none of that. I know of no criminal activity that he's been involved in."
    Apparently he did not know his nephew as well as he thought.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by myFoxdetroit.com
    "He was a good kid..." said uncle Larry Brooks.
    And yet, he was sticking up some poor kid earning minimum wage while armed with a gun. And then shot it out with a retired cop when caught.

Well, that ones down for the big dirt nap and everyone gets a little more oxygen to breathe. I know I've got a smile on my face as I breathe the extra oxygen!

Do we get any tax credits for not having to try this dirtbag in court, then feed and water him in prison?
    Last edited by Bark'n; August 20th, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
    First Sgt and scgunlover1 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Originally Posted by myFoxdetroit.com
    "He was a good kid..." said uncle Larry Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    And then shot it out with a retired cop when caught.

Well, that one goes down for the big dirt nap and everyone gets a little more oxygen to breathe. I know I've got a smile on my face as I breathe the extra oxygen!

Do we get any tax credits for not having to try this dirtbag in court, then feed and water him in prison?
    Truly amazing how some folks refuse to believe reality. There is a fine line between sanity and insanity, we all walk it everday.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

He was a good kid till someone handed him a gun and told him that the initiation to join the "family", he had to rob a Micky D's, and he decided to do just that (my guess at what happened just before things went bad). Man, 16 and gone...anyone know if he had a record?
    Just cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean you're wrong....

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Fortunate that noone else was hurt.

Detroit Police: Retired Cop Kills Gunman Inside McDonald's

Typical ghetto response from the (dead) perp's family, "He wuz a goot keeid".
    Was...past tense...as in, before all this came down - although not likely anytime recently.

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

"Good kids" do not commit armed robbery. It would be interesting to see how rapidly things went from normal to chaos inside the McDonalds, that's the part of CC I don't think "sheep" really get that one moment life is normal and next trouble has walked in the door unannounced, and found a bunch of innocent people just trying to break bread together.
    Tzadik likes this.

Glock Certified Armorer

Sad about the youth being shoot, but he started it be coming in armed and attempting to rob the McD.

The retired LEO was reacting to his years of training, had the youth dropped the gun then and there when challenged it would have been a different story.

The retired office needs support and prayer to!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Well, hopefully his friends learned a lesson too.... carry a gun into a place to rob it, and it may be you getting shot.

+ 1 for the retired officer.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Well, the bad of it is the retired cop 'tried to arrest him' instead of shooting him immediately, putting everyone at risk. I'd say the cop has a bit of hubris to overcome if he's going to play 'white knight'. (I'm making an assumption here since the report is sketchy)

On the other hand, I'm sure he's quite upset at having to kill a teenager.

We don't know what this 'teenager' looked like. A six-foot tall 180lb person with a bandanna on carrying a gun shouting orders hardly qualifies as a 'teenager'. That's a description of someone, not related to their age - it gets an emotional reaction. The paper referred to him as the gunman which was good.

On the UPSIDE, the paper didn't identify the retired cop and DID identify the person committing a felony, which is as it should be. I get the feeling the paper might NORMALLY get sued for releasing the under aged person's name. His sister is a bit of a dimwit for identifying the (alleged) gunman to the press, probably allowing the reporter to relate what she said, which probably makes it not actionable.

Anyway, if you're in such a situation and you confront and draw your HG, don't endanger me by getting into a gunfight trying to bargain with an immediately dangerous person. Shoot him three times so we can all go home.
    Tzadik likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links