Gadaffi's head on a stick?

This is a discussion on Gadaffi's head on a stick? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Been following Libya very closely. Regardless of your view of the US's involvement, I don't think anyone is going to be sad to see the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gadaffi's head on a stick?

Been following Libya very closely. Regardless of your view of the US's involvement, I don't think anyone is going to be sad to see the dictator go. I love how he kept making all of these broadcasts about fighting to death, yet he seems nowhere to be found. Looks like he doesn't live by his own rules.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

He'll be out of Lybia in less than 2 weeks.
    كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

You know the saying "The devil you know beats the devil you don't..."?

I have to be concerned about who will be there to take his place & what their motives may be. If we have a religious radical extremist take his place how much better off will the world really be? I have to have concern for Israel if Lybia becomes another Iran. With tensions as high as they have been in the middle-east for as long as they have been this could go one of two directions. It could be really good and it could be REALLY bad.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post

I have to be concerned about who will be there to take his place & what their motives may be. If we have a religious radical extremist take his place how much better off will the world really be? I have to have concern for Israel if Lybia becomes another Iran. With tensions as high as they have been in the middle-east for as long as they have been this could go one of two directions. It could be really good and it could be REALLY bad.
    You'll get no argument from me on that one. But my hope is that these dictator-types are watching and now they understand that the people will rise up against them. I hope this type of thing will be a deterrent to future would-be dictators about trying to rule with an iron fist. We've yet to even see what kind of government will be installed in Egypt. But we can hope that all of these countries can have a government that allows people to have a voice. If not, they'll be looking at the same thing happening over again.

Now if something like this would happen to North Korea..
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

VIP Member
    Somehow, I just don't envision some kind and benevolent leader replacing him.

You bring up a good point Adric. It seems the Asian countries quash rebellion so fast it does not have a chance to escalate. I do not know if it is a cultural thing that prevents the mob mentality from manifesting or if the "Escape from New York" thing just works better for the situation... Let me clarify that... They have a segment of the populace that does not like the government, they cut off a chunk of the landscape, build a border & toss everyone out they don't like... ie: North/South Korea, North/South Vietnam...

Is there a stronger crowd identity in mid-eastern areas than in far-eastern or is it a stronger proletariat/government role in the far-east?

I really do hope that modern government the world over learns from this, but history has shown that it doesn't. How many times has the European landscape "been bathed in the blood of tyrants" only to have another rise in their place? (I really like that phraseology.)
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

It'd be a "First" if the US would back off, and let them fight their own battles. Let them decide who or what happens from here on. As far as Gahdafa is concerned, I think he very possibly is holed up in a hole, very similar to the Iraq leadership. They've already said they aren't going to kill him-------------yet!!

Administrator
    Is Egypt better now than it was before?

Well whoever it is I hope it is someone that has a name that can only be spelled one way! It seems like every network or news agency has their own spelling for him. Drives me nuts!
    ksholder likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Maybe they could find him in his bunker with a hole in his head!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

We remove one dictator to end up with another. Kinda reminds me of our politctans in a sense. We may get to vote but yet it seems like we get little change unless your talking the difference in political parties, and I don't want to go there.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Honestly, I'm not expecting anything "good" to come from this. Like others have said, I truly expect another dictator to be in power, very shortly. I hope for democracy, but I do not think it will prevail in Egypt.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Looks like Ghaddafi is MIA

Gadhafi gone, rebels seize control

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Looks like Ghaddafi is MIA

Gadhafi gone, rebels seize control
    He's probably re-tooling to run in our 2012 election.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post

Yeah man, these are valid concerns. Israel is an ally, but I am disappointed that Israel continues to build illegal (not just my judgement) settlements. I think this kind of activity simply pours gasoline on the fire and pizzes off the Islamic world even more. I really think a viable two-state solution would calm the entire area down quite a bit.

It will be very interesting to see who leads Libya........
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links