Can You Say "Lawsuit" Boys And Girls.

This is a discussion on Can You Say "Lawsuit" Boys And Girls. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There must be more to this story................. YORK SPRINGS, Pa. (AP) Authorities are identifying the woman shot to death inside a central Pennsylvania gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can You Say "Lawsuit" Boys And Girls.

VIP Member

Exclamation Can You Say "Lawsuit" Boys And Girls.

There must be more to this story.................

YORK SPRINGS, Pa. (AP) Authorities are identifying the woman shot to death inside a central Pennsylvania gun shop.

State police say 61-year-old Beverly Dively Klepic, of Harrisburg, was shot Sunday afternoon at Miller's Munitions outside York Springs.

Police say a male relative was handling a loaded 9 mm pistol when it discharged and struck Klepic. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

WHP-TV says (PHOTO UPDATE(4): Woman killed at Adams Co. gun shop, photo included - CBS 21 News - Breaking news, sports and weather for the Harrisburg -York -Lancaster -Lebanon Pennsylvania area ) the relative is Klepic's husband.

The shooting remains under investigation. Police say they weren't test-firing the handgun at the time.

Investigators say an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, and there's been no ruling on the cause or manner of her death.

Police: Woman fatally shot at Pa. gun shop - Yahoo! News
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

The news stories are conflicting. One says that police said that they were test firing the gun, the other says that police said that they weren't test firing the gun. Sketchy, to say the least.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

HIM: Say sweetheart, let's go to the gun store to look at guns.
    HER: But honey, you don't know anything about guns.
    HIM: Oh, it will be alright, what could go wrong?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    The first story (from PA) was updated at 3:47p Eastern time - the second link (the AP) indicates that their story was posted 4 hours ago, being an early assessment.

Sounds like hubby may not have been excercising due diligence with his handling technique.
    Last edited by ArkhmAsylm; August 22nd, 2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: * spelling
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Man you gotta love these kinds of quotes, "The gun the husband held went off and the bullet hit his wife in the abdomen area. Investigators say she was flown to a York hospital, but later died."

Yeah...because guns just "go off."
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Quote Originally Posted by hcrum87hc View Post
    Man you gotta love these kinds of quotes, "The gun the husband held went off and the bullet hit his wife in the abdomen area. Investigators say she was flown to a York hospital, but later died."

Yeah...because guns just "go off."
    WOW!!! these things are dangerous! They should all be outlawed... LMAO Seriously?
    mr.stuart likes this.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

I'm trying to understand the lawsuit title in the thread. The gun that fired belonged to the husband (apparently exercising his right to carry). He shot her with his gun. The police are trying to determine if it was intentional or unintentional. Did I miss something?

The gun shop I use the most has signs posted all over the place...No Handling Loaded Firearms In The Store...(in other words, keep the danged thing in its holster and don't play with it). You would think that would be obvious, but after this, I can see why they put up the signs.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Police say a male relative was handling a loaded 9 mm pistol when it discharged and struck Klepic.
    So it just "discharged" then? Sounds like it was all the gun's fault. Those evil things!
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Story I read said they went there to buy HER a gun.....
    They were trying out several guns on the firing range....
    He was handling or loading one, and it discharged .. hitting her in the head.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Story I read said they went there to buy HER a gun.....
    They were trying out several guns on the firing range....
    He was handling or loading one, and it discharged .. hitting her in the head.
    I don't know. This is from the story that the OP linked in the first post...

The woman was in the gun shop looking to buy her own pistol when she was shot by her husband.

61-year-old Beverly Klepic of Harrisburg was inside Miller’s Munitions with her husband Sunday afternoon. It's believed Klepic wanted a Kel-Tec 9 mm pistol, one similar to her husband's.

In front of the shop owner the husband got out his own loaded gun. It fired, hitting Klepic.

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

gosh. the wives or GFs are going to have to add this to not to do list.

1. Don't go snorkeling with a significant other while snorkeling in Aruba.
    2. Don't let your husband handle a loaded keltec 9mm while his finger is on the trigger.

I feel for the lady. I also feel for the husband if this was a tragic mistake on his part and is without intention of malice. some mistakes you pay dearly for the lessons you learn.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Mistakes in the endeavor of defending yourself and family can be so costly, just one careless moment is all it takes...assuming it was an accident. I would be irreconcilably devastated if I were in his shoes.
    Just cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean you're wrong....

What a tradgic thing to happen. I couldnt live with myself.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    Sounds like hubby may not have been excercising due diligence with his handling technique.
    Or may have known exactly what he was doing....

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I'm trying to understand the lawsuit title in the thread. The gun that fired belonged to the husband (apparently exercising his right to carry). He shot her with his gun. The police are trying to determine if it was intentional or unintentional. Did I miss something?

The gun shop I use the most has signs posted all over the place...No Handling Loaded Firearms In The Store...(in other words, keep the danged thing in its holster and don't play with it). You would think that would be obvious, but after this, I can see why they put up the signs.
    Agreed. Tragic but avoidable and I don't see the lawsuit angle at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links