BAD: Off duty Detroit LEO is shot and killed

BAD: Off duty Detroit LEO is shot and killed

This is a discussion on BAD: Off duty Detroit LEO is shot and killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oh noooo. Off-Duty Detroit Police Officer Is Shot, Killed - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit...

Thread: BAD: Off duty Detroit LEO is shot and killed

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

RIP Officer. I think they should bring back public hangings for these people. And between Detroit and Oakland, we could probably get the country out of debt if they charged admission.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Sure wish there was more info. Not much to even speculate on.

R.I.P. brother, you will be missed. God speed.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Give it more time, the details will come out. Knowing Detroit, some can speculate a professional hit, revenge, etc.... I could venture a guess that the shooter knew the guy was a cop, he knew exactly who he was shooting and why. Maybe the cop was a whistle blower and had alot of evidence on his fellow officers and they put a stop to it. I gotta stop watching so many cop shows on TV. My point, looks like cops aren't even safe anymore. The criminal maggots in Detroit really have no regards for who they shoot at or who gets hit. It's getting to be a war zone in that city, and it's spilling out into the suburbs. I know, I live in the Detroit burbs.

There is no evidence that the shot came from outside the car (according to the article).
    Unless there were passengers in the vehicle, that only leaves two possibilities...
    One of which is the proverbial 'it just went off by itself.'
    The other, well, you know.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Tough to make any kinda objective judgement-call until more info is released.

R.I.P.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Could be a "HIT" where the perp hid in the back,or passenger door was unlocked and a perp tried to carjack him at a stoplight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Although they're not yet using the "S" word, it appears to be self-inflicted.

Off-Duty Detroit Police Officer Found Dead in Car

VIP Member
    So it's a hit from inside the car, or, self inflicted. Either way it's no good.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Very odd indeed...

Police said he suffered a gunshot wound to his head. Police said there is no evidence the gunshot came from outside the car.
    Sad, nonetheless.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Links