Robber shot dead at walmart

This is a discussion on Robber shot dead at walmart within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd love to see any surveillance video (if any exists) to show what really happened here. I wonder if a little extra self-awareness might have ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Robber shot dead at walmart

I'd love to see any surveillance video (if any exists) to show what really happened here. I wonder if a little extra self-awareness might have prevented this incident, or at least allowed the BG to be shot before he was able to run off with a wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy
    there has been a lot of case law on this Massad Ayob has written a lot about this and has testified in court about it
    Can you enlighten us as to what the case-law says?

You know. I have to wonder if anyone has ever stolen a wallet from somebody in a manner similar to this, then when they started rummaging through the cash and credit cards later on discovered a concealed handgun permit in the wallet. I wonder if they'd realize how near to death they were when they took the wallet?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I'd love to see any surveillance video (if any exists) to show what really happened here. I wonder if a little extra self-awareness might have prevented this incident, or at least allowed the BG to be shot before he was able to run off with a wallet?

Can you enlighten us as to what the case-law says?

You know. I have to wonder if anyone has ever stolen a wallet from somebody in a manner similar to this, then when they started rummaging through the cash and credit cards later on discovered a concealed handgun permit in the wallet. I wonder if they'd realize how near to death they were when they took the wallet?
    sorry but you'll need to do your own homework, try searching here or googling Ayob, he has written a lot about it

It really kinda irks me that some states feel its okay for somebody to rob you and then run away with the money your suppose to pay rent and support your family with,IMHO it's different if somebody is stealing a bicycle,or a kids toy.
    I also feel that the threat might not be over just because the robber took my wallet and ran,he now has my address in his hands and may decide to burglarise my house while I'm filling out a Police report at Walmart for an hour or more.
    Lets just say I'm glad that in Texas things are a little different.

One more thing is Robbers tend to target Hispanics due to the fact a lot of them don't have bank accounts and carry their cash on them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Perhaps the 'victim' tried to distract the 'perp'?

"Hey! Look at that!"

"Wha...where...BOOM!"
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I'm thinking that if the bad guy has a knife and I have a gun one of two things is about to take place. 1, he would not end up with my wallet to begin with. And 2, if he did somehow acquire my wallet with all my info and cash, I'd be chasing him and giving him a pepper blaster hose down.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

It sucks that legally you can not shoot a BG who is fleeing with your things, but that is the law...

Sometimes legal and right do not meet eye to eye.
    NIS350ZTT likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

It's a shame he shot him as he was fleeing..BG got what he deserved but the victim is gonna pay for it.
    Sig Sauer P250
    Member-GeorgiaCarry.org
    US Navy 84-93

I'll be interested to hear more on this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    It sucks that legally you can not shoot a BG who is fleeing with your things, but that is the law...

Sometimes legal and right do not meet eye to eye.
    Actually in Texas (at night) it is legal.....
    garyacman likes this.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

My first thought was. Nice shot!
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Actually in Texas (at night) it is legal.....
    Too bad this didn't happen in Texas at night...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

It was a warning shot... The next one is gonna be right between the eyes.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    It's easy to play armchair QB but I can understand the emotions involved. Surely the guy just reacted to being physically assaulted and robbed. I think murder is way too harsh.

legal or not there was an incident here recently in Jacksonville FL were a neighbor shot a fleeing burglar, no charges filed

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    legal or not there was an incident here recently in Jacksonville FL were a neighbor shot a fleeing burglar, no charges filed
    Same thing happened in Houston (Joe Horn).
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links