Robber shot dead at walmart

This is a discussion on Robber shot dead at walmart within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by apvbguy wow, a murder charge??? not knowing all the issues of the case I could be way off the mark but in ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Robber shot dead at walmart

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    wow, a murder charge??? not knowing all the issues of the case I could be way off the mark but in most places in FLA what appears to be a good case of self defense would get you an atta boy from the authorities
    noone may ever read this noone may ever care but i have to say it
    that man who was killed was my uncle and had the biggest heart and none of you will
    EVER know that but u dont care u just like rambling about big issues but let it happen to somone you love from the bottom to the top of your heart and see if people going on and on about it and dont know one thing about what happened or who he was doesnt make you furious and upset heres one thing you all should know he was shot from the back HE WAS WALKING AWAY! thats not self defense AT ALL.. it was all because of some woman. who made my unc come there that day in the first place so no accident to me!.....and wack jessie says my uncle took his wallet and had a SHARP OBJECT but hmm nothing was found on his person so all of you can hear that and just stop fo real you didnt know him.. you werent there.. and noone cares if you own a gun its not wrong or whatever just dont take a life that u had no right taking.

one last thing. even if someone "took your wallet" and was walking away idgaf how much money was in there or whatever was in there, material things are not worth a life! if you arent man enough to at least fight for yours u gotta pull a gun psshh thats beat up and u should get NO RESPECT and screw walmart for not having cameras in the parking lot

2. Remove Ads

I'm sorry that you've lost a family member, but the responsibility for his actions and what happened lies squarely on his own shoulders. I sincerely hope you'll learn from his mistakes and make better choices with your life.
    packinnova likes this.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It really kinda irks me that some states feel its okay for somebody to rob you and then run away with the money your suppose to pay rent and support your family with,IMHO it's different if somebody is stealing a bicycle,or a kids toy.
    I also feel that the threat might not be over just because the robber took my wallet and ran,he now has my address in his hands and may decide to burglarise my house while I'm filling out a Police report at Walmart for an hour or more.
    Lets just say I'm glad that in Texas things are a little different.

One more thing is Robbers tend to target Hispanics due to the fact a lot of them don't have bank accounts and carry their cash on them
    AND they (Hispanics) rarely seem to call the cops (well, especially if they are illegally here).
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Boo hoo. You should have talked to your uncle about how hurting others is not worth any amount of money.

LINK ????

From what you posted, I can't see a murder charge in there anywhere.... that's deserved.

Committing a robbery, threatening great bodily harm with an 'object' that he is using that can be a deadly weapon.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by always44 View Post
    yeah he had been beaten up a few days before and the biotch he was messing with made him come there that day
    im intitled to my opinion and it was planned that was my uncle who was killed and noone should even have anything to say in jessie or jesus whatever you ppeople know him as defence because you dont know his fat azz either he shouldve gotten life in prison or the death penalty.....
    Sounds like your uncle bit off more than he could chew. Don't want to die? Don't act like criminal scum. Plain and simple.

VIP Member
    Sounds like with ur hot temper defending a crook you come out of the same jack rabbit pasture. Or maybe ur just a troll that just showed up.

I just noticed that this is my 642nd post here, I carry a 642.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

RT
    .... one last thing. even if someone "took your wallet" and was walking away idgaf how much money was in there or whatever was in there, material things are not worth a life! if you arent man enough to at least fight for yours u gotta pull a gun psshh thats beat up and u should get NO RESPECT and screw walmart for not having cameras in the parking lot
    No offense, but maybe someone should have told your uncle to be a man and work for his instead of stealing it. I fail to see how someone shooting an armed robber is somehow much less manly in comparison to someone using a weapon to rob someone. The police may not have found a weapon on his person, but they did find the pair of scissors they believed were used in the armed robbery nearby. You're probably right though, as an armed robber ditching such a high dollar weapon after the commission of their crime is totally unheard of. Given the prosecutor's initial stance on the case, they had to have found some pretty conclusive evidence in favor of the shooter, or the charges probably would not have been dropped.

Also, you say someone "made him" go there and do what he did that day? He was a grown man. He didn't have to do anything. I feel sorry for your family losing a loved one, but I feel absolutely zero sympathy for him. If someone is going to break the law and try to victimize others in the process, they better be prepared to face the consequences.

noone may ever read this noone may ever care but i have to say it
    that man who was killed was my uncle and had the biggest heart and none of you will
    EVER know that but u dont care u just like rambling about big issues but let it happen to somone you love from the bottom to the top of your heart and see if people going on and on about it and dont know one thing about what happened or who he was doesnt make you furious and upset heres one thing you all should know he was shot from the back HE WAS WALKING AWAY! thats not self defense AT ALL.. it was all because of some B. who made my unc come there that day in the first place so no accident to me!.....and wack azz jessie says my uncle took his wallet and had a SHARP OBJECT but hmm nothing was found on his person so all of you can hear that and just stop fo real you didnt know him.. you werent there.. and noone cares if you own a gun its not wrong or whatever just dont take a life that u had no right taking.

one last thing. even if someone "took your wallet" and was walking away idgaf how much money was in there or whatever was in there, material things are not worth a life! if you arent man enough to at least fight for yours u gotta pull a gun psshh thats beat up and u should get NO RESPECT and screw walmart for not having cameras in the parking lot
    Hold on, I'm calling the wah-bulance and ordering you some french cries.

If your uncle didnt rob this man, he'd still be alive. Keep that in mind, bucko.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    one last thing. even if someone "took your wallet" and was walking away idgaf how much money was in there or whatever was in there, material things are not worth a life!
    Your precious uncle was an arm robbing scum bag whose negative net worth value went up when they were dealt with properly.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "u should get NO RESPECT"

You're right, you should get no respect. If you haven't figured it out by now (doubtful), you never will. Life isn't about respect. Respect isn't an entitlement. No one "owes" you any respect. It is earned.
    Last edited by OldVet; October 4th, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

A distraction by the victim could result in a split second draw and fire hitting the perp in the head / side or back of......any witnesses ?

So, your sticking up for a thief and robber, and talk respect?

Brings to mind the old " ride with an outlaw, die with an outlaw" saying to me.

Son, in this life, respect is earned. So make a choice now you can live with.
    packinnova, RT, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Always44, I have an uncle whom I love very much who has spent most of my life(30+ years) in and out of prison. If he were shot during the commission of a crime like this, I would be sad. However I would never make excuses for him, nor blame the shooter. If he truly was your uncle,and you are not just a troll looking for a kick by cheesing off a bunch of gun nuts, then I'm sorry for your loss. Grow up, learn from his mistake, and be someone worthy of respect.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway View Post
    Bad guy holding a knife or other weapon on me - imminent threat; justified shoot

Bad guy running away with my wallet - no longer a threat; shooting in the back of the head will result in being locked up with Bubba.
    Personally I think that's a false statement, but unfortunately the law doesn't agree with me and I don't want to end up with bubba any more than I want to let a robber get away. In reality, the robber running away definitely is still a threat. He now has your wallet, which presumably has your drivers license, mil id, ccw, etc... that have your HOME address. There is also NOTHING preventing him from waiting until you think you're clear and him coming right back at you. Never mind the other people he is now a threat to who may not be able to defend themselves.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links