Perry teaching journalist how to shoot

This is a discussion on Perry teaching journalist how to shoot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Glad she wasn't shooting a Desert Eagle .44 mag. Yikes!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Perry teaching journalist how to shoot

Glad she wasn't shooting a Desert Eagle .44 mag. Yikes!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

Im glad she wasnt hurt.

I think the point of this, is the fact that we have a presidential candidate that is shooting a handgun at the range. Personally, I think its great, now lets see how his fiscal beliefs are...
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice View Post
    The author's bio.
    I'm a conservative activist. I blog at The Houston Chronicle, RightWingNews, Newsbusters, and my own site.

I doubt she was a liberal leaning anything. Guys we need to get past the mud slinging because of labels. You would be suprised how many "conservatives" and "liberals" are only seperated by a small margin on many issues. You would also be amazed how many people use the labels without having any real idea what they mean.
    I agree 100%. Political labels are a poor replacement for independent study and thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice View Post
    I doubt she was a liberal leaning anything. Guys we need to get past the mud slinging because of labels. You would be suprised how many "conservatives" and "liberals" are only seperated by a small margin on many issues. You would also be amazed how many people use the labels without having any real idea what they mean.
    Yep - I'm one of them. In each and every election, I do not vote for a person based on their affiliation with a group such as republican or democrat. I watch all of the debates and research each candidate's beliefs. Usually a few months before the election I'll start creating a list of things I do and don't like about each candidate and then rank them in order of importance. In the last election I voted for John McCain, but only by a slight margin did I chose him over Obama. However, had Hilary Clinton actually been the democratic candidate, I would have voted for her. Yes, I ranked Obama and Clinton very low scores on 2nd-amendment rights. But there are other things that are important to me besides that.

However, i know plenty of people who really pay very little attention to the issues and simply walk in on election day and just vote for their party and don't really care about the individual issues.

Truth be told, I hate the way our election system works. I wish we could do away with the whole concept of political parties and just vote for people we like. Maybe then there'd be more than 2 candidates (realistically) to pick from.

Better yet - I wish all decisions could be made by the public as a whole, a true democracy. Maybe one day that will happen with the internet. Where we can all log in and vote on specific issues. But before we could vote we would have to agree to read a summary of both sides of the issue.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Im glad she wasnt hurt.

I think the point of this, is the fact that we have a presidential candidate that is shooting a handgun at the range. Personally, I think its great, now lets see how his fiscal beliefs are...
    AMEN! How cool would it be to have a POTUS that carries? The Bush's hunted, especially George H.(even though he renounced his NRA membership) and Reagan was pro-gun...but you have to go all the way back to IKE to find one as Pro-gun as Perry. I like it
    garyacman and JOHNSMITH like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Yep - I'm one of them. In each and every election, I do not vote for a person based on their affiliation with a group such as republican or democrat. I watch all of the debates and research each candidate's beliefs. Usually a few months before the election I'll start creating a list of things I do and don't like about each candidate and then rank them in order of importance. In the last election I voted for John McCain, but only by a slight margin did I chose him over Obama. However, had Hilary Clinton actually been the democratic candidate, I would have voted for her. Yes, I ranked Obama and Clinton very low scores on 2nd-amendment rights. But there are other things that are important to me besides that.

However, i know plenty of people who really pay very little attention to the issues and simply walk in on election day and just vote for their party and don't really care about the individual issues.

Truth be told, I hate the way our election system works. I wish we could do away with the whole concept of political parties and just vote for people we like. Maybe then there'd be more than 2 candidates (realistically) to pick from.

Better yet - I wish all decisions could be made by the public as a whole, a true democracy. Maybe one day that will happen with the internet. Where we can all log in and vote on specific issues. But before we could vote we would have to agree to read a summary of both sides of the issue.
    I understand where you are coming from but you like most people don't understand how legislative bodies work, your guy could be the most decent upstanding guy that ever lived but if he's elected to office and his party is not in control of the body he's been elected to he will be as useful as a fly on the wall. This is why I laugh out loud when the main stream media gives any credibility to the dems in the house of representatives, they really have zero input at this point, in the senate the rules are a bit different but up until 2010 the dems in the senate ran the show and a republican there could only piss and moan about things because they had little to no impact on any legislation.
    the moral to the story is that party affiliation does mean something

Quote Originally Posted by dbsmith54 View Post
    I'm glad she didn't lose any skin on her left thumb.
    I was thinking the same thing!
    You can see in his hands, he talked to her about that.
    I couldn't hear it, so I don't know if he shoots that way.
    Maybe he's a six shooter guy.
    Are you sure he's from Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    anyone who runs against obuma is getting my vote, 'nuff said
    And people wonder how us "Americans" elected Obama:)

BTW we could end up electing someone worse than Obama by that mindset:) I mean honestly I cant stand Obama,but he hasnt did much to hinder our gun rights

I always vote for who fits the constitution and bible the closest...right now it isnt perry:)

Quote Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
    And people wonder how us "Americans" elected Obama:)

BTW we could end up electing someone worse than Obama by that mindset:) I mean honestly I cant stand Obama,but he hasnt did much to hinder our gun rights

I always vote for who fits the constitution and bible the closest...right now it isnt perry:)
    you better become better informed regarding obuma's firearms policies.
    it would take someone really bad to do a worse job than the charlatan has done. maybe you've forgotten the bowing to the arab sheiks during his apology tour, or his raiding of the treasury, you really can't find too much worse

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I like his cute little crimson trace on that lcp. So sweet and cute and such a cutie gun.

LOL
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links