Perry teaching journalist how to shoot

This is a discussion on Perry teaching journalist how to shoot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was surprised to see this article and wish this makes it Nationwide. Gov. Perry Teaches Me To Shoot | TexasSparkle | a Chron.com blog...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Perry teaching journalist how to shoot

I was surprised to see this article and wish this makes it Nationwide.

Gov. Perry Teaches Me To Shoot | TexasSparkle | a Chron.com blog

Distinguished Member
    That's pretty cool he makes himself accessible to people like that.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

the more people we can introduce to shooting the better things will be, perry took what was probably a lib leaning person whose only knowledge of firearms is the crap spouted by the media and taught here that guns aren't really so bad.
    Good for the Gov.
    the shame is that stories like this would never be found on the libertard mass media outlets

I am personally not a fan of Perry.....Although his 2nd Amendment stance is decent. I still believe he isnt the best choice for the GOP in 2012......
    TN_Mike likes this.

I'm glad she didn't lose any skin on her left thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
    I am personally not a fan of Perry.....Although his 2nd Amendment stance is decent. I still believe he isnt the best choice for the GOP in 2012......
    anyone who runs against obuma is getting my vote, 'nuff said
    JDE101 and Old School like this.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    He should be more mindful of her left thumb. I am surprised it is still attached.

And, oh, BTW, the microphone needed ear protection.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Consider the alternative. IMO Perry has his downfalls but I think he can do better than the other candidates.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions though.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the more people we can introduce to shooting the better things will be, perry took what was probably a lib leaning person whose only knowledge of firearms is the crap spouted by the media and taught here that guns aren't really so bad.
    The author's bio.
    I'm a conservative activist. I blog at The Houston Chronicle, RightWingNews, Newsbusters, and my own site.

I doubt she was a liberal leaning anything. Guys we need to get past the mud slinging because of labels. You would be suprised how many "conservatives" and "liberals" are only seperated by a small margin on many issues. You would also be amazed how many people use the labels without having any real idea what they mean.

you're right, I did not research the lady's background, nonetheless introducing a newbie to guns by such a prominent person can be nothing but good.

Very few will have a "perfect candidate." There's always going to be some things in a candidate which rubs people wrong, or things they really don't like.

The thing that really needs to happen is to really rally around whoever ends up being the GOP party nominee and make sure the friggon media doesn't pick our candidate for us. That's exactly how we ended up with McCain last time. Through media manipulation.

It is nice to see him out there pushing the 2A and being a good ambassador for gun ownership and helping out the common folk.
    JDE101, msgt/ret, Tzadik and 1 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by dbsmith54 View Post
    HolYYYYY CRAPPP. How about that support hand grip? Oh yeah, that's the guy i want teaching people to shoot....

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Roger that! I saw her thumb behind the slide. That can really hurt. He corrected it once but she got lucky when she fired it and didn't end up with blood everyplace.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I noticed the placement of her left thumb right away, and wondered if he was going to correct her! He did once, but she went right back to putting it over her other hand. I was pretty sure she was going to get "bit", but luckily she didn't.

Perry seems like a pretty down to earth guy, and a candidate I'd vote for. I don't know all of his political views, but I will learn them before the election, and I already like his 2A views!!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    He sure is 'hands-on' with his student...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links