Good and Bad, Pizza driver robbed, he shoots at robber

This is a discussion on Good and Bad, Pizza driver robbed, he shoots at robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened tonight on the SW side of Indianapolis. The Pizza guy was armed and fired at the robber. but the article says it was ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bark'n
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Good and Bad, Pizza driver robbed, he shoots at robber

This happened tonight on the SW side of Indianapolis. The Pizza guy was armed and fired at the robber. but the article says it was after the robber got the money and was running off. And it sounds to me like it was dark and he kind of fired wildly so he darn sure didn't know what his backstop was. The driver is lucky he didn't kill some innocent bystander down the street. Personally I think he is an idiot.

The good part is, this pizza place knows their drivers are armed and encourages it. I would like to see them encourage their drivers to get some training since there is no training at all required to get a carry permit in Indiana.

pizza man robbed delivery: Pizza man says he was robbed while making delivery - fox59.com
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've got to dig up the other news story I read on this today, the robber apparently stopped turned around, that's when shots were fired, then the robber started running again which is why he didn't think he hit him.

Edit: Got the link, warning the story may make you hungry...

Pizza delivery man fires shots at fleeing bandit | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
    Joseph Rivas, 31, told police he delivered a Just Pizza Ultimate Meat Pizza and a two-liter soft drink

Oh, umm... I think this was the topic at hand
    Rivas gave the bandit $394 and the suspect ran through an alley. At some point the robber stopped, turned around and faced Rivas.That's when Rivas told police he fired three to four shots from .40 caliber handgun at the suspect.
    Rivas said he didn't know whether he hit the suspect but the man kept running.
    Not saying facing him was immanent threat or that $394 is felony money, but it does raise the question was there a not mentioned weapon or something else that caused him to fear for his life. Until that question is answered I'm not going to pass judgment on good shoot or bad shoot, it takes some time to clear up the thought after a shooting with the surge of chemicals in the brain. I will say the guy probably needs more time at the range and shooting while moving drills.

Glock Certified Armorer

OK, that does change it a bit. If the bad guy stopped and turned around again, then I would feel threatened too. Why would he do that? He's already getting away scott free, why turn around unless it is to threaten the guy? The story on the WXIN page didn't say anything about that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Well, a bad guy who is running away, and then for whatever reason stops, turns and faces you should automatically be considered an immediate threat of dire circumstances.

If he wasn't armed, and was already fleeing, why would he stop to face you again? That isn't logical unless he intended to fire upon you.

If it was me, I'm shooting at that point! I'm not sure I'd have the intestinal fortitude to wait for bullets to actually come flying in my direction.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    OK, that does change it a bit. If the bad guy stopped and turned around again, then I would feel threatened too. Why would he do that? He's already getting away scott free, why turn around unless it is to threaten the guy? The story on the WXIN page didn't say anything about that.
    He might do that if the pizza guy was chasing him. If he was chasing him, that puts a different light on it and may change the cops attitude, depending on what the law is in that jurisdiction.

In NC, chasing him at that point is a no no as it will cause you to lose your right to use deadly force.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Someone's gotta work on their SA.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Hey BUDDY ya forgot sumpin,stops turns,bang bang bang bang
    ConcealedG30 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Hey BUDDY ya forgot sumpin,stops turns,bang bang bang bang
    ...you forgot my WATCH!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

40 Cal. Need a gun he CAN shoot a little better
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Sponsored Links