Jury awards dead BG family 300k

Jury awards dead BG family 300k

This is a discussion on Jury awards dead BG family 300k within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jury sides with burglar's family in 2009 shooting death at auto lot | jury, burglar, lot - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Jury awards dead BG family 300k

"The exact amount of the award was $269,500, for factors such as loss of companionship and loss of future earnings".

and...

"...they had smoked methamphetamine and were looking to steal anything to buy more drugs."

Read more: Jury sides with burglar's family in 2009 shooting death at auto lot | jury, burglar, lot - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Wow! They figured out how much this guy's average theft is, and how much he gets for it on the street. Then, if you calculate how much dope he takes in every day and figure how much of that he sells instead of smokes, I guess you come up with around $300,000. Sounds like a pretty good crackhead insurance policy to me. It's nice to see that the community is able to give back what he's taken away.
    Old School and Bark'n like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

The deceased meth head would have turned his life around. He would have become a truly productive citizen; most likely an airline pilot or medical doctor.

Only in our country would this happen.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Hopefully this will be appealed and overturned. If the DA refused to press charges because it was in his interpretation of the law, justified, then there should be no civil liability. Thankfully Wisconsin has remedied this non-sensical situation by providing civil immunity to all persons who use lethal force ruled as justified.

Such a travesty of justince, or an act of injustice. This shows what happens when people like us skate on jury duty. One person with our mindset could have changed the verdict.
    Tzadik likes this.

Look like I'm in the wrong business, but I cannot bring myself to do crack so I guess I'm screwed.

As long as these types of situations happen in the so called justice system we will continue to have deviants.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Don't have to worry about this type of verdict in my state, I'm just sayin'
    Cory1022 likes this.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

When I read El Paso County, I was thinking at first that this was in Texas and thought, that's weird. I didn't think Texas is one that has the life insurance policy.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

This country gets more messed up everyday!! To many liberals that don't seem to want to make the proper decisions to put this nation back on the right course !!

Criminals now seem to have more rights than their victims,what a joke!!!!

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns,we decent law=abiding citizens should also have guns.
    Otherwise they will win and decent people will lose."
    James Jones
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    The deceased meth head would have turned his life around. He would have become a truly productive citizen; most likely an airline pilot or medical doctor.
    Or a Lawyer or maybe even a politician!

Sorry MitchellCT no offense meant to you. Unfortunately ambulance chasers who take cases like this give a bad name to the good lawyers out there.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Property rights are not a lawful defense for using deadly force in Colorado, and the state’s so-called Make My Day law, which sets lower standard for using force, applies to households, not businesses.
    Yes , according to the Liberals ... it was NOT his fault, he was a victim of drug addiction of which he had no control and should have been put into a drug rehab (ignore all of the knives strapped on him) to become a productive member of society.
    And if he was an 'illegal', the would have gotten a visa and green card while in rehab so he could vote Democrat in the 2012 elections.

When a guy comes in with all those knives strapped on him, he's not a nice guy and none of the reasons he has the knives on him are good.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    Only in our country would this happen.
    Unfortunately, it's spreading!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Or a Lawyer or maybe even a politician!

Sorry MitchellCT no offense meant to you. Unfortunately ambulance chasers who take cases like this give a bad name to the good lawyers out there.
    Yea, one of cases where the 90% give the other 10% a bad name

They did the daughter a favor.

I am amazed this occurred in Colo Springs, since a lot of that area has been military for along time and the location of NORAD. However, I have heard in the last years it's gotten very "liberal" now.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links