GOOD: armed robber gets caught the hard way

This is a discussion on GOOD: armed robber gets caught the hard way within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yesterday morning a guy goes into Payless shoe store with a gun demanding money. He got the money bag and began walking the employee to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: GOOD: armed robber gets caught the hard way

VIP Member

Yesterday morning a guy goes into Payless shoe store with a gun demanding money. He got the money bag and began walking the employee to the back of the store, but then turned and ran out.
    He ran across the shopping center to a pawn shop and entered with gun in hand to do another robbery. Little did he know 2 Potter county investigators saw him and drew their pistols but couldn't fire since they didn't have a good shot with people around him. Officers were arriving at the shoe store at this point.

The dirtbag ran out of the store, went down the embankment of I-40 with officers in foot pursuit and other units arriving. He ran across the east bound traffic lanes.

He then jumped the median wall and began pointing the gun at cars going west bound and one lady slowed down enough for him to begin hitting her windows, demanding for her to stop. When she wouldn't stop, he jumped on the hood pointing his gun through the windshield at her. A motorcycle officer drew and was about the pull the trigger when a semi hit the lady's car and catapulted the dirtbag onto the pavement, losing his gun in the process. Poor thing got head and chest injuries. Lady got minor injuries.

Money bag from shoe store and his BB GUN were recovered.

Armed robbery suspect injured in attempted carjacking | Amarillo Globe-News

'I was terrified' | Amarillo Globe-News

I-40 & Grand armed robbery attempt ends with chase, accident - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Stupid is as stupid does. Darwinism at its best.

I'm sorry for the injuries to the lady and the damage to her vehicle. I have little, make that no, sympathy for armed criminals.
    Old School and JDE101 like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

You stand in front of my car pointing a gun at me, I'm getting a new hood ornament. And I won't be slowing down to do it.
    oneshot and JDE101 like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

They should turned the dirtbag into a 'speed bump'...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He's lucky he didn't get plastered, now we'll probably get stuck with his medical bill to top it off.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

To bad the semi couldn't have reached the BG before he made it to the ladies car.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The lady should have hit the brakes causing the guy to fly off the hood, then hit the gas.

These criminals never cease to amaze me. At least he was caught, it's his own fault for all that happened to him. Too bad the lady was injured. He should be forced to get a job (whenever he gets out of prison) and pay for damages, including pain and suffering. That will never happen, but I think it's a good idea. The criminals should start being held liable for it.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    It's too bad another motorist didn't run his dumb carcass over..."I just didn't see him slide under my tire!"
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Sounds like a scene right outa the movies... Glad he was caught, one more idiot off the streets.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    The lady should have hit the brakes causing the guy to fly off the hood, then hit the gas.
    After first accelerating to about 55.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I'm sorry for the injuries to the lady and the damage to her vehicle. I have little, make that no, sympathy for armed criminals.
    Personally, I am sad he did not die a horrible death.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post

^^^^^This is What^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The truck driver was thinking, and just got fed up with the whole matter and just hit her rear to end the drama.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    +1 to the replies, if he was a cat....he would have used 8 1/2 lives on this one

Quote Originally Posted by paching View Post
    He's lucky he didn't get plastered, now we'll probably get stuck with his medical bill to top it off.
    yep, he is under 24/7 guard at the hospital now til he gets discharged, then taken to jail
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links