City councilman killed after finding Calif. pot field

This is a discussion on City councilman killed after finding Calif. pot field within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Things are not getting any better. City councilman killed after finding pot field - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: City councilman killed after finding Calif. pot field

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

??? Love to see some Private Justice performed on the parties responsible for his death.

I know they have tall trees out there. I can send them some short rope.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

VIP Member
    I thought you could not carry a loaded gun in CA. Looks like the perps failed to pay attention to this little detail.
    azchevy likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

The article does not state, so it is impossible to know, but I would not be seeking illegal drug operations unarmed. It may not have made a difference, then again it may have.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    The article does not state, so it is impossible to know, but I would not be seeking illegal drug operations unarmed. It may not have made a difference, then again it may have.
    I would not be doing it unarmed or alone even if armed. This is why cops use teams.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

One of my counties largest exports used to be pot, grown here. And people wonder why I want to carry trout fishing. I'm not looking for it, but I'm in prime spots to find it. Some of the ones they have found around here were booby trapped too.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I thought you could not carry a loaded gun in CA. Looks like the perps failed to pay attention to this little detail.
    Someone probably failed to put up the NO GUNS ALLOWED signs.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He was extremely foolish, and it cost him his life.

"We're in shock. It's unbelievable," current Mayor Dave Turner said Monday.
    Really? Not very unbelievable to me.
    Inspector71 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I would not be doing it unarmed or alone even if armed. This is why cops use teams.
    The article does not state whether or not the councilman was armed, but it does state that he was not alone...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The article does not state whether or not the councilman was armed, but it does state that he was not alone...
    You are correct. Thanks for pointing this out.

Armed with a cell phone! Not too bright!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

IMHO it sounds like he is either in deep denial or had a Superman complex to think that he is gonna find a grow operation and that whoever planted it isn't gonna do anything especially since a lot of them are purported to be run by Mexican drug cartels.There are a lot of local LEO's that don't go looking for trouble even heavily armed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links