BAD: Store Clerk Beaten during Robbery

This is a discussion on BAD: Store Clerk Beaten during Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope they catch these two meat heads. Too bad there wasn't someone there to put an end to their criminal lifestyle. Next time they'll ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Guantes
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: BAD: Store Clerk Beaten during Robbery

I hope they catch these two meat heads. Too bad there wasn't someone there to put an end to their criminal lifestyle. Next time they'll probably kill somebody. The convenience store probably has a policy against the clerks carrying I would say.

Clerk Brutally Beaten During Gas Station Robbery - News Story - WCYB Tri Cities
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

They tried to kill him, without using the gun, almost did it. Hope the clerk recovers fully, in time to testify at their trial, then they can see how tough they are when the get to the real deal!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My heart goes out to convenience store clerks everywhere in the country. They have a tough job that's boring, occasionally difficult, and potentially deadly.

All that, for what's usually minimum wage. They should arm themselves, regardless of company policy.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

This was a savage attack that appears that was totally unnecessary to complete the robbery, therefor was merely to inflict pain and injury on the victim. These boys need to be put down before they kill somebody.
    Old School and msgt/ret like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

It just doesn't register to me how people can just blow off someone's life as if it's nothing just so they can gain a few bucks. Makes me sick!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Wow :(

Hopefully the store clerk recovers all right from this. It says he's still in critical condition. That's gotta be a scary job, especially in area's that aren't exactly nice.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Angry

Two pieces of human garbage that need to be thrown into the incinerator.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Same store has been robbed three or four times in the past. Wonder when the owners are going to wake up and take some proactive measures instead of installing another video camera? Poor guy, that's a shame that low life's have to do that to someone after they get their money and cigarettes.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Lots of opportunities in the video for the clerk to have turned the tables on these two (had he been armed)... It's a shame he couldn't. It does look as though he tried to resist in the back room portion of the video...

It's my feeling, that if you're going to comply... comply.

But I would have to draw a line on compliance: NOT going to a second location (the back room, vault, cooler, whatever).

"Kill me right here in the open, boys; somebody might see you. The only way you're getting me into the cooler is to drag my dead carcass back there. So take what you want and get out or get on with it..."

That may sound like "big talk" but really it isn't... If I have complied, and given them everything I could... the only reason to go to the second location is to kill me... Statistically, historically,the odds are MUCH greater that you will be killed (or,at least, injured worse) in a secluded spot... than you will be where there's any greater chance of it being witnessed.

I would be armed. There is no minimum wage job worth risking my life over, without some fighting chance.
    Inspector71 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    My heart goes out to convenience store clerks everywhere in the country. They have a tough job that's boring, occasionally difficult, and potentially deadly.

All that, for what's usually minimum wage. They should arm themselves, regardless of company policy.
    Agreed. Couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links