BAD: Mo' Motown Madness

This is a discussion on BAD: Mo' Motown Madness within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gee, I wonder how "effective" that gun buy back program is? 3-Year-Old Boy Critically Injured in Drive-By Shooting Man Allegedly Killed over Sunglasses Inside Club ...

Thread: BAD: Mo' Motown Madness

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

BAD: Mo' Motown Madness

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow - we have migrated from handgun killings to rifles in both of these links. The second noted that there were 5 fatal shootings and 22 non-fatal shootings in DTW over the weekend. Sounds like DTW is a good place to be FROM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

This stuff just makes me physically sick....over sunglasses?!?...for crying out loud..
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    How do you figure the guy got an AR or AK into the club in the first place? These are not exactly the most concealable weapons on the planet. You would think the shooter spent more on ammo - 14 rounds from an "assault rifle" - than the glasses were worth.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    How do you figure the guy got an AR or AK into the club in the first place? These are not exactly the most concealable weapons on the planet. You would think the shooter spent more on ammo - 14 rounds from an "assault rifle" - than the glasses were worth.
    I didn't see this particular firearm, but what homeboy will typically do is "ghetto-ize" his long gun by cutting/removing the butt stock. Then use it to spray and pray.

Those designer glasses can potentially cost hundreds of dollars and they're prized possessions in the ghetto community, just like any other bling.

the local lamestream media outlet ran a story recently on the "high" number of gun conviscated every week. Of course there was video of a room with the walls lined with long guns. My eye fell pretty quickly on a handsome thumbhole stocked, scoped inline muzzleloader. thank god they're getting those assault smokepoles off the street!
    Well, I guess we don't get to make fun of Burt's lifestyle anymore. Earl Bassett

Links