Lunacy in Huntington

Lunacy in Huntington

This is a discussion on Lunacy in Huntington within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saw this in our local paper online. Huntington, WV's 6th Avenue is getting to the point that it must be a magnet for the lunatics, ...

Lunacy in Huntington

Saw this in our local paper online. Huntington, WV's 6th Avenue is getting to the point that it must be a magnet for the lunatics, hookers, drug addicts and dealers. I have to drive along that route to and from work and it is getting more and more scary each time. That is in the daylight hours, one can only imagine what happens when the sun goes down. This guy didn't have a firearm, but nevertheless, it was a weapon he was hiding.

Police blotter: Man with concealed weapon arrested near Huntington grade school
    September 01, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

The following information was provided by the Huntington Police Department:

A 38-year-old Huntington man was arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of a concealed weapon and misdemeanor disorderly conduct in relation to an incident Tuesday.

Officers responded to a report of a man with his head wrapped in duct tape carrying a knife and looking into the windows at St. Joseph Catholic Grade School in the 1300 block of 6th Avenue just after 7 a.m. Tuesday.Officers located the man near the school as he was removing tape from his body. Officers located a three-and-a-half inch long folding knife in the manís possession. While officers were frisking the suspect, he began yelling and cursing at the officers.
    Police blotter: Man with concealed weapon arrested near Huntington grade school - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    No doubt the guy is nuts and needs care. But, given that WV has a 3.5" knife is legal law, how was he breaking that law? I am not fully versed in WV knife laws, so he may have been in the way he was carrying it, but I am curious.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Ah, the fashion-forward duct tape hat. Inspired by Momar:

Ceredo-Kenova is gettin worse too. I think it is that area that connects them that is going South.
    When I was a younger man I used to chase the Marshall fillies in that area.:)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    No doubt the guy is nuts and needs care. But, given that WV has a 3.5" knife is legal law, how was he breaking that law? I am not fully versed in WV knife laws, so he may have been in the way he was carrying it, but I am curious.
    Yeah, me too. That don't sound much like a weapon to me. Must be details lacking.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Sounds like that guy was really upset about the pending WVU/Marshall game....Most Huntington residents get a little wierd this time of year. Itll be over in a few days. LOL

All jokes aside, that guy got caught at the right time he probably would have escalated into something much worse and may still...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

GM
    "… Officers responded to a report of a man with his head wrapped in duct tape …", it looks like he was inspired by the "Duct tape robber" from Kentucky: Duct Tape Robber
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    "… Officers responded to a report of a man with his head wrapped in duct tape …", it looks like he was inspired by the "Duct tape robber" from Kentucky: Duct Tape Robber
    Yes, I thought about this future President of the United States too. To quote Bugs Bunny "What a Maroon!"
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

He must have run out of TIN FOIL!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

criminal mischief 3rd....skulking without tinfoil.....mainstreaming

Scuse me ya missed a couple spots over your mouth and nose,there thats better,what ? I can't hear you,bugging your eyes out isn't helpin your situation
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Huntington left a bad taste in my mouth, and I was only there once. Fortunately, there are only two more games in the WVU/Marshall High School series and both of them will be here in Morgantown.

Huntington area labeled as nation

So not only is Huntington one of the "unhealthiest towns in America" it's also full of crazy people! haha
    My dad used to run St. Mary's there.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Scuse me ya missed a couple spots over your mouth and nose,there thats better,what ? I can't hear you,bugging your eyes out isn't helpin your situation
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

And the answer is:

What was Red Green doing south of the Canadian border?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links