Bad: Speeder shoots pedestrian

This is a discussion on Bad: Speeder shoots pedestrian within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Driver fatally shoots man who told him to slow down...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bad: Speeder shoots pedestrian

2. Remove Ads

Yelling at passing cars = STUPID.
    bps3040, hienykins and Tzadik like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway View Post
    That about sums it. Anytime you engage, you had better be prepared for what it might escalate into.

Maybe stupid, but I can certainly understand it. I've done it myself. Drivers transiting thru residential neighborhoods at very high rates of speed, 60+ is ythreatening to those who live there including children. You just don't expect get shot for it. One reason I carry at home. And, yes, I did try to get the plate just not really possible by the time they pass. We did finally complain enough the city put in speed tables, helps a little.

Maybe?

I always tell my kids, Don't Let Your Aligator Mouth Overload Your Parakeet ---! You get the picture
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Sad story! Hope they catch the shooter and give him what he deserves. Probably though, he's been through the system several times already, and should not have been out there speeding in the first place.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

It has come to the point that peer pressure without defensive capabilities is merely a talking target.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Police said they are looking for a black man with braids and some facial hair.

At least he ought to be easy to find...
    Secret Spuk and hienykins like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The toilet brush hair-do is always a giveaway.

I cant find any fault with the victim. Evidently he was a stand up guy who had enough civic responsibility to say something when he saw someone doing wrong. He probably served on jury duty, and paid his taxes too. And evidently enough sand to stand up to an obvious bully. He paid for it with his life. But he at least died on his feet. I think if more people had that attitude our society would be a lot better off. If I could find any fault it would be that he wasnt prepared to defend himself to the extreme.
    phreddy and 10thmtn like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I will yell at motorists in my neighborhood for speeding. We have too many kids playing that can be hurt or killed. The difference between me and the victim in this case is I am prepared to defend myself.
    10thmtn and Secret Spuk like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    I cant find any fault with the victim. Evidently he was a stand up guy who had enough civic responsibility to say something when he saw someone doing wrong. He probably served on jury duty, and paid his taxes too. And evidently enough sand to stand up to an obvious bully. He paid for it with his life. But he at least died on his feet. I think if more people had that attitude our society would be a lot better off. If I could find any fault it would be that he wasnt prepared to defend himself to the extreme.
    I appreciate your sentiment, and I completely agree that the victim was right, trying to do a good thing and that this is not fair.

The problem with the victim is that he's dead. For me, dying on my feet, (particularly before my job is done as a parent) is going to be nothing for me to be proud of. I want the bad guy to die on his feet.

You are very right that our society sorely lacks in stand-up individuals and accountability. However a sensible person picks their battles, which means not screaming at the guy who cuts you off in traffic, and not appointing yourself to be a traffic cop that enforces speed limits. If it's truly your passion, that is commendable. Go get the training, the job and the uniform, but please don't be another dead good guy.

Happy to hear they caught the punk.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

When my kids are in the front yard, I put out some of those "SLOW - Kids Playing" signs in such a manner that drivers need to veer around them. Our street is narrow, and on a hill, so drivers tend to zoom down it. Doing this forces them to slow down.

Local LEOs have seen me do it, and said nothing. Might help that I'm on the Auxiliary.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links