Precinct 2 Deputy Constable Arrested for Kidnapping

This is a discussion on Precinct 2 Deputy Constable Arrested for Kidnapping within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm not sure this is appropriate for here, and I am not posting the story to be a cop basher. I guess I'm posting just ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Precinct 2 Deputy Constable Arrested for Kidnapping

VIP Member

Precinct 2 Deputy Constable Arrested for Kidnapping

I'm not sure this is appropriate for here, and I am not posting the story to be a cop basher. I guess I'm posting just to vent my utter surprise at what has happened not all that far from where I live. This story below is another good example of nothing good happening after midnight.

To paraphrase the news story from our TV's website, a 41 year old Deputy Constable was observed by a patrolling city officer to cuff a young woman and put her in his patrol car. It seems the city officer didn't realize a kidnapping was in progress.

The Constable never took the young lady to jail. She "woke up" in a parking lot several hours later.

Meanwhile some friends who had seen her cuffed called her parents, who called all the local law enforcement offices looking for their daughter... who of course was nowhere to be found within the jail system.

Nothing has been said so far about whether or not a sexual assault happened. That she woke in a parking lot suggests to me at least that she was forced to take something, though I suppose something could have been slipped to her before she was taken by the deputy. Or perhaps she was beaten-- just speculation on my part as there has to be a reason she was unconscious in a parking lot.

The deputy will apparently be charged with kidnapping, though things are still under investigation.

From the actual new story, "The investigation revealed that the victim was transported to the location without her consent and outside the scope of (deleted officer's name) law enforcement duties.
    In addition, at no time was the victim transported to a jail, holding facility or any other location designated to hold persons placed under arrest....
    On August 31, 2011, detectives obtained a warrant and placed (deleted) under arrest.
    Charges: Kidnapping PC Sec. 20.03 3rd degree felony"

I deleted the officer's name just in case there turns out to be another side to this apparently sad story.

Something like this happening in my community is almost absolutely beyond belief.

Yikes!!!!!
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hop - keep us updated on this. From the feel, there has to be more to the story - either good or bad. Let's hope good.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

It don't sound good right now.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Every profession has good and bad.I believe what makes us angry is when a person with authority whom we should be able to trust,turns the wrong way.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

How on earth are people able to defend themselves from this type of crime?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    It don't sound good right now.
    I agree.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    How on earth are people able to defend themselves from this type of crime?
    That is a very good question. Basically, I think you can't. Well, you could, but proving your case would be all but impossible.

I'm surprised that the city officer didn't "roll by" to see what the constable had.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

VIP Member
    Bail was set at 10K and the deputy was released within 3 hours.

Speculating, because that is all I can do with the extremely limited info being released, and judging from where she woke up (around the corner a block or so from where she was arrested), it is conceivable the deputy may have just driven her around the corner and left her in the parking lot to sleep off a drunk.

That would appear to be about the best possible face on this situation ---from the very limited public info. Still, pretty horrendous bad judgment. Had he done his job and delivered her to jail he wouldn't be facing a felony kidnapping charge.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Kidnapping, date rape drug, and then sexually assualted ..... GHP creates a memory loss

Administrator
    Whoa... doesnt sound good.

I've often thought about this in reverse. Its not uncommon at all for us to pluck a drunk (who knows what else they have in their system) off the street and drive them home or to a friends house. Half the time, they don't even realize I'm a cop. It would be very easy for somebody to make a false claim, imagined or malicious. That is one of the main reason why every drunk now goes to jail or at very least a summons.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Dispatch recorded time and mileage was one of our requirements for transporting females, in custody or not.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Administrator
    Dispatch recorded time and mileage was one of our requirements for transporting females, in custody or not.
    Yeah, we do that too.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    Kidnapping, date rape drug, and then sexually assualted ..... GHP creates a memory loss
    NO. Nothing public has been said about date rape drugs or sexual assaults. Only that she was arrested at about 2 AM and woke up in a parking lot at about 6 AM. She could have been dead drunk at the time of the arrest.

There just isn't enough real factual information to support anything more than speculation on these other matters.

I want to give the deputy the benefit. He might have thought he was her doing her a favor leaving her to sleep it off instead of going to jail.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    I'm surprised that the city officer didn't "roll by" to see what the constable had.
    The city officer did stop per one version of the news story, but he got called away. That's how they have the video of the lady in cuffs in the deputy's custody; video off the city's squad car. Even if the deputy didn't harm her in any other way whatsoever (I hope that is the case but we don't know), his failure to take her to jail and leaving her in the parking lot is going to have him in a world of legal trouble.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links