Homeowner shot in home invasion

This is a discussion on Homeowner shot in home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There was a time when I carried in the home but eventually got lazy as I figured I was being a bit over the top. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Homeowner shot in home invasion

VIP Member
    There was a time when I carried in the home but eventually got lazy as I figured I was being a bit over the top. Then one day a guy attempted to talk his way into the home from the garage entry door. I wasn’t really sure at the time so I let it slide. A few months later the same guy was at my front door with another BS story to gain entry and that time I was certain. Think I learned? Nope! I still didn’t start carrying in the home due to the low-likelihood mindset. Well, this latest news flash has my attention so I’ll be looking for a new vapor-weight to tuck away. Finally, a new reason I can actually live with to buy a new gun.
    Bark'n likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

2. Remove Ads

Looks like Jonathan, Lequai, and Bebeshuree will be getting loooooooong vacations from society.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Let me get this straight. Are you saying she is in trouble because she beat the crap out of him instead of blasting him? Ridiculous if true.

Or, is there something about her status as a jailer that somehow alters her legal right to protect herself? Also stupid if true, but ....
    We can see nothing from what's known, that would justify charges against her. The only thing we can figure is that maybe they are saying she beat him "excessively"... which would be fairly stupid. .... but we do have a very idiotic DA who's always out to make a name for herself and who doesn't believe in self-defense, is anti-gun, etc.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    There was a time when I carried in the home but eventually got lazy as I figured I was being a bit over the top. Then one day a guy attempted to talk his way into the home from the garage entry door. I wasn’t really sure at the time so I let it slide. A few months later the same guy was at my front door with another BS story to gain entry and that time I was certain. Think I learned? Nope! I still didn’t start carrying in the home due to the low-likelihood mindset. Well, this latest news flash has my attention so I’ll be looking for a new vapor-weight to tuck away. Finally, a new reason I can actually live with to buy a new gun.
    I'm just saying, those little Ruger LCP's are so tiny and lightweight they are invisible in your pocket.

Mine is always either in my pants pocket or on a neck chain holster if I'm wearing gym shorts without pockets. It's so tiny, there's not excuse not to have it on you. Same with my wife. her's is always on her person everyday.

It may be a .380, but it's seven rounds which is always attached to me.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links