GOOD, VERY GOOD: 70 yr old woman defends herself

This is a discussion on GOOD, VERY GOOD: 70 yr old woman defends herself within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Finally a "good" story coming out of Detroit. Yeah, it's bad that an attempted robbery took place in broad daylight, but it's good she was ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fitch

Thread: GOOD, VERY GOOD: 70 yr old woman defends herself

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Finally a "good" story coming out of Detroit. Yeah, it's bad that an attempted robbery took place in broad daylight, but it's good she was able to properly defend herself. Also, she's smart enough to keep her mouth shut about discharging her firearm. Listen to the video.

Elderly Detroit Woman Fights off Intruders

And someone is surprised that these little thugs are working the Detroit area?

Too bad the story title doesn't read..."Young Thugs' Careers Permanently Ended in Home Break-in".

OMOYMV
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; September 5th, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The lady did good.

They'll get shot, if they keep it up.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    While I applaud her for standing up for herself, I question her thinking that this incident will change the thugs in any way. Sooner or later they will kill someone or someone will kill them.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Good on her. Even better that she knows when to stop talking.

That said, 70 might seem old to a teenager, or someone in their thirties, but from someone who will be 70 in a 8 months, don't underestimate what we are capable of. Might surprise some. 70 sounds old, and for some it is, for some 50 is old, but for others, 70 is a fine age at which to be leading an active life. Shooting IDPA, riding and caring for my horses, hunting 2 or 3 days a week year around, packing everywhere it's legal every day - life is good at 70, not willing to give it up with out a fight.

Fitch
    sureshot1 likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

HURRAH 4 FITCH, he knows what's up and I agree!! Remember the 3 S rule.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    The victim would not reveal to the reporter whether she fired any shots (probably) because she didn't fire any shots. She just doesn't want to let on to other young, opportunistic POS's that she's unwilling to pull the trigger. I don't blame her for not shooting if, in fact, she didn't, however, if she were my mother, I'd be taking her to the range on a regular basis and get her into a (firearm) self-defense course, pronto.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    The victim would not reveal to the reporter whether she fired any shots (probably) because she didn't fire any shots. She just doesn't want to let on to other young, opportunistic POS's that she's unwilling to pull the trigger. I don't blame her for not shooting if, in fact, she didn't, however, if she were my mother, I'd be taking her to the range on a regular basis and get her into a (firearm) self-defense course, pronto.
    Absolutely!

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Sponsored Links