Why Employers Don't Let You Bring Your Gun To Work

This is a discussion on Why Employers Don't Let You Bring Your Gun To Work within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Boss Shows Off Gun to Convenience Store Employee, Accidentally Shoots Her Read more: Boss Shows Off Gun To Convenience Store Employee, Accidentally Shoots Her | ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Why Employers Don't Let You Bring Your Gun To Work

Why Employers Don't Let You Bring Your Gun To Work

Boss Shows Off Gun to Convenience Store Employee, Accidentally Shoots Her

Read more: Boss Shows Off Gun To Convenience Store Employee, Accidentally Shoots Her | FoxNews.com

All it takes is one stupid person to mess everything up for everybody else. This will make an interesting Worker's Compensation claim. You would think people would have more sense.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

So, the gun went off, huh. I strongly doubt that the "bad" gun went off on its own. I am sure that there were a couple of violations of the safety rules.
    accessbob and msgt/ret like this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    So, the gun went off, huh. I strongly doubt that the "bad" gun went off on its own. I am sure that there were a couple of violations of the safety rules.
    Ya' think?

Anytime somebody gets a case of the stupids with a gun, it's always "I don't know what happened. It just went off.....for no reason at all, all by itself, like it had a mind of it's own, it was cursed, I think maybe it belonged to Stephen King once, you're not writing all this down are you officer?"
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    It's kinda like that Office episode where Dwight became manager. His uncle sent him a holster for a present in recognition of his promotion. Dwight took this as an opportunity to start carrying a revolver that he had been keeping in a glass case.

When everyone saw it, they freaked out. He was trying to reassure everyone that his packing a gun was safe when he performed a demonstration of his competency. Unfortunately, while he was spinning his revolver with his finger, it discharged leaving a whole in the floor and a coworker with a busted ear drum.

As much as I'm for 2A rights I am also sure that a few incompetent individuals can tarnish the connotation of carrying so that there is a stigma attached to it and leaving those that are competent carriers in constant defense. This only reinforces the irrational fears of the sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    It's kinda like that Office episode where Dwight became manager. His uncle sent him a holster for a present in recognition of his promotion. Dwight took this as an opportunity to start carrying a revolver that he had been keeping in a glass case.

When everyone saw it, they freaked out. He was trying to reassure everyone that his packing a gun was safe when he performed a demonstration of his competency. Unfortunately, while he was spinning his revolver with his finger, it discharged leaving a whole in the floor and a coworker with a busted ear drum.

As much as I'm for 2A rights I am also sure that a few incompetent individuals can tarnish the connotation of carrying so that there is a stigma attached to it and leaving those that are competent carriers in constant defense. This only reinforces the irrational fears of the sheeple.
    You're right about the irrational fears, but here's my point. Somebody is going to have to pay this employee's medical bills and my bet is that it will be the company that provides the workmans comp insurance. There's always the possibility with the boss driving the employee to the hospital himself, he may intend on footing the bill and avoiding the claim. If his insurance carrier pays it, you can bet that their future policies will either say "no guns" or carry much higher premiums. This is where it affects us. The employer can deny your right to carry and then say that even though he agrees with you and supports the second amendment, the bad old insurance company makes him do it.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Pep-Boys doesn't want their employees armed because they don't want their store-level management shot. repeatedly. in the face.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    You're right about the irrational fears, but here's my point. Somebody is going to have to pay this employee's medical bills and my bet is that it will be the company that provides the workmans comp insurance. There's always the possibility with the boss driving the employee to the hospital himself, he may intend on footing the bill and avoiding the claim. If his insurance carrier pays it, you can bet that their future policies will either say "no guns" or carry much higher premiums. This is where it affects us. The employer can deny your right to carry and then say that even though he agrees with you and supports the second amendment, the bad old insurance company makes him do it.
    I completely agree with you. It only takes a single incident to make for some bad things to happen. The one accident can easily cost a life. I suppose insurance companies think the risk is too great and employees at the same time can't afford to be without the insurance. The employer could force everyone to take company training if they bring a firearm just to make sure everyone knows basic safety but then we're talking about an extra expense. I suppose most people feel its more of a liability than anything else.

What a dimwad!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Wow, that is pretty powerfully stupid. People like that give us responsible gun owners a bad name.
    Mr B and msgt/ret like this.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Boy, those guns that just go off are sure a pain, aren't they??

"Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

My guns are defective! They don't work unless you pull the trigger.
    accessbob likes this.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

unless his booger hook was in his nose I can tell ya where it really was,sounds like she was hit by shrapnel from the round disintegrating after hitting the floor,when I had an AD from my 1911 in the bathroom,round fired straight down on the muzzle striking the floor I found most of the bullet and jacket within about 3 feet of the impact
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Bad gun! Bad bad bad, gun!

If I was her, I'd be calling in shot the next day...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Bad gun! Bad bad bad, gun!

If I was her, I'd be calling in shot the next day...
    Probably calling a personal injury attorney to see how quickly she can become the convenience store's new owner.
    gottabkiddin and 8th ID like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links