Bad: Two Augusta Waffle Houses robbed, shooting spree at one

This is a discussion on Bad: Two Augusta Waffle Houses robbed, shooting spree at one within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It appears that the bad guys are taking vengeance on breakfast food establishments today: Police investigate early morning gunplay at Augusta Waffle House | The ...

Thread: Bad: Two Augusta Waffle Houses robbed, shooting spree at one

VIP Member

Bad: Two Augusta Waffle Houses robbed, shooting spree at one

It appears that the bad guys are taking vengeance on breakfast food establishments today:

Police investigate early morning gunplay at Augusta Waffle House | The Augusta Chronicle

"At least 27 pieces of gun-related evidence were left behind" (Bullet casings if you're not a journalist). Anybody ready to reconsider carrying a BUG?

2. Remove Ads

Did the waffle and pancake industry piss someone off? Good lord.

Probably figured they were easy pickings.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Does anyone need more reason to get a CCW permit? Now I'll have to REALLY want to think twice before I decide to go to the Original pancake House for my favorite bkfst. Ye Gads!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member
    Impossible to happen at a Waffle House after all they are posted no guns allowed, oh well I bet the criminals did not see the sign.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    I have almost never gone to a Waffle House, but when I did (in 2007) I was always armed. Sign? Didn't see any.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Obviously a test of homeland security. They heard about FEMA's "Waffle House Index" and are looking for ways to cripple our response.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I use to go to Waffle Houses, but since I started carrying I no longer go to them. The local ones are all posted, and I won't go to one as long as I can't carry in them. And come the end of the month, when carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol becomes legal in Ohio, I will not frequent any restaurants that are posted--unless the sign says "guns welcome".
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    The iHOP in my two horse town is about the only place I've seen with 'no weapons allowed' sign, so maybe this is the reason. BG's have a greater sense of comfort knowing the law abiding patron isn't armed. BTW: I no longer visit the Yuma iHOP after I discovered the sign.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

The waffle house in columbus that was robbed a couple months ago used to have a no guns sign... Now there is a 5x5 square of old adhesive where the sign used to be. I wonder where it went?

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason6 View Post
    The waffle house in columbus that was robbed a couple months ago used to have a no guns sign... Now there is a 5x5 square of old adhesive where the sign used to be. I wonder where it went?
    Perhaps the owner or someone got the crap scared out of them and decided the sign wasn't helping?
    We can hope anyway!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Links