Bad: Five Murdered in WV

This is a discussion on Bad: Five Murdered in WV within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This guy went on a three state rampage before killing himself: Police: 5 slain in W.Va. before suspect kills self - Yahoo! News MORGANTOWN, W.Va. ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Old School
  • 3 Post By Guantes
  • 1 Post By jwhite75
  • 1 Post By Old School

Thread: Bad: Five Murdered in WV

Bad: Five Murdered in WV

This guy went on a three state rampage before killing himself:

Police: 5 slain in W.Va. before suspect kills self - Yahoo! News

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Authorities say a man who killed five people near Morgantown and ran down an elderly woman in neighboring Pennsylvania also shot and wounded a gas station attendant as he crossed back through West Virginia. He then took his own life in Kentucky.

The path of violence that Shayne Riggleman cut through three states before committing suicide during a police chase was "one of the most heinous crimes I've ever witnessed," State Police Capt. James Merrill said Tuesday.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    doing these dastardly deeds are members of the 3rd generation since the government started putting fluoride in the water...

--ya, I'm not serious. we know its failed social engineering.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Because this forum is a clearing house for these types of events we are aware of this violence that is occurring almost daily.

It amazes me how oblivious the vast majority of people I come in contact with are to what is going on in this country.

When made aware of it their attitude is the chances of this type of violence happening to them are slim to none and most are ill prepared to deal with it if it ever did.

Sad state of affairs.

Forwarned is forarmed !

OS
    jem102 and Secret Spuk like this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Just like the Boy Scouts motto, "Always Be Prepared"
    !
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Just like the Boy Scouts motto, "Always Be Prepared"!
    Except, as I understand it, scout leaders are denied the right to be prepared in all ways (no CCW) by the BSA. So much for "be prepared"!!
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

The guy rear ended a lady forcibly then ran her over, then went on to kill 5 people, drive south in stolen car, try to jack another then shot himslef in KY....what they havent revealed everywhere is that he alreayd did multiple years in our state prison system, and was mad because they wouldnt let him join the army. He was very disturbed.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Because this forum is a clearing house for these types of events we are aware of this violence that is occurring almost daily.

It amazes me how oblivious the vast majority of people I come in contact with are to what is going on in this country.

When made aware of it their attitude is the chances of this type of violence happening to them are slim to none and most are ill prepared to deal with it if it ever did.

Sad state of affairs.

Forwarned is forarmed !

OS
    Very well stated, and it really is a shame. The common folks around me just figure its a one-off affair and if I say anything I'm perceived as a paranoid redneck. As such, I just tuck n' roll and go about my day.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I believe that the actual percentage of seriously mentally ill walking among us would be startling.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

^ You dont know how right you are. It's very scary.

As Guantes said I think we would be startled if we knew what the actual percentage of mentally ill was in the U.S.

This below information was just released..........
    Mental illness affects nearly 40% in Europe | WORLD News

Then there are the US statistics....
    http://www.nimh.nih.gov/statistics/index.shtml
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    doing these dastardly deeds are members of the 3rd generation since the government started putting fluoride in the water...

--ya, I'm not serious. we know its failed social engineering.
    More like failed parenting. Just because you raise your kid with brain washed idiots, it does not mean you have to raise your kid to be a brain washed idiot. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I believe that the actual percentage of seriously mentally ill walking among us would be startling.
    I have spent the larger part of my career in probation and parole....with the over crowding of jails and no money to build more judges are leaving more out and parole boards are letting more out earlier. People (back me up here LEO and retired LEO) not in the "life". Have no real clue who are fixing their food, trimming their trees, building/repairing their homes or just plain passing them on the street. Its only gonna get worse as our system allow them to keep perpetuating the cycle and creating expeonentially worse "mini-me's". I routinely have generations of families on probation at the same time in both my juvenile and adult case load.
    Old School likes this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I have spent the larger part of my career in probation and parole....with the over crowding of jails and no money to build more judges are leaving more out and parole boards are letting more out earlier. People (back me up here LEO and retired LEO) not in the "life". Have no real clue who are fixing their food, trimming their trees, building/repairing their homes or just plain passing them on the street. Its only gonna get worse as our system allow them to keep perpetuating the cycle and creating expeonentially worse "mini-me's". I routinely have generations of families on probation at the same time in both my juvenile and adult case load.
    Unfortunately this is becoming more and more the case.

I know of several in my area that have the finances to have a decent place to live and a car to drive but get in a conversation with them and it becomes immediately apparent reality for them is far different then it is for most of the population.

There are the others who live under bridges and in the woods and parks that abuse drugs and alcohol. They are standing at intersections or outside grocery stores panhandling. Some are polite others not so.

These are a burden to law-enforcement who find the same people over and over, arrest them and have the courts turn them loose time after time because the crimes are petty and the jails are full.

I arrested a male in his mid 20's last year for trespass after warning. He had no identification. He was taken to county. I saw him on the street two days later walking north out of town with all his belongings on his back.

Several months later I got a call from a detective from a police agency in a state in the NE. He was doing fingerprint record checks and found that the "John Doe" I had arrested for trespassing had given a false name and was wanted in his state for a series of burglaries. He had walked away from a mental health facility there prior to his coming to Florida. He was from a very affluent family and had a long history of mental health and criminal problems.

There had been a mixup at the jail in getting his prints properly processed prior to his release so away he went to who knows where.

The age of these individuals is getting younger and younger.

OS
    jwhite75 likes this.

Links