"Boatjacker" draws gun

This is a discussion on "Boatjacker" draws gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Orlando Sentinel story Craigslist... again... the boat was recovered... the seller didn't get shot... all in all it ended okay... But if I'm selling something ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By azchevy

Thread: "Boatjacker" draws gun

"Boatjacker" draws gun

Orlando Sentinel story

Craigslist... again... the boat was recovered... the seller didn't get shot... all in all it ended okay... But if I'm selling something on craigslist... I'm gonna be armed.
    Medic218 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Red beard, he's back!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Orlando Sentinel story

Craigslist... again... the boat was recovered... the seller didn't get shot... all in all it ended okay... But if I'm selling something on craigslist... I'm gonna be armed.
    The bolded should be a given along with not inviting folks to your home to complete a transaction either!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

If you make craigslist deals and you are not armed, and don't have at least one armed backup, you are rolling the dice.
    Bark'n likes this.

VIP Member
    Maybe the Craigslist robbers are the same folks holding up the Waffel Houses'.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Now why did he abandon the boat right after going through all that trouble of stealing it?

Could it be that he really didn't think things through when he planned his big caper?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Now why did he abandon the boat right after going through all that trouble of stealing it?

Could it be that he really didn't think things through when he planned his big caper?
    Smart criminal, huh?
    That's my point about criminals. Most of them don't think anything through. That's why they get caught.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Only thing I can think that would make sense is he didn't want the boat, maybe just wanted to shoot the guy, toss him overboard after he took his wallet, keys and other belongings then drive the boat back to the ramp where he would leave it and take the guy's truck to escape. Or do they even think that much?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

If the victim had been armed, he could have fed the gators.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    If you make craigslist deals and you are not armed, and don't have at least one armed backup, you are rolling the dice.
    I went with a friend to look at a classic vehicle (which he bought with cash) off Craig's List out in the boonies. He was the primary, I was his backup.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Links