Purse Snatching: Case Study in Victim Selection

This is a discussion on Purse Snatching: Case Study in Victim Selection within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This recently appeared on the OFCC forum. After watching numerous videos that typically appear on the 11:00 News, I was struck by the video's clarity. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Purse Snatching: Case Study in Victim Selection

Purse Snatching: Case Study in Victim Selection

This recently appeared on the OFCC forum.

After watching numerous videos that typically appear on the 11:00 News, I was struck by the video's clarity.

I borrowed this from texaschlforum:
    An alert (or bored!) security guard monitoring security cameras at a museum noticed a pickup park in front of the museum and it piqued his interest. Happily he was able to pan and zoom the camera, so he followed the guy who got out of the truck, and stuck with him as he did more interesting things. Eventually the guy spots a couple older ladies getting out of a car, turns around and follows them, then grabs one of their purses, knocking down both ladies in the process (the younger one -- 67 -- got a broken arm). He then runs away. However, police caught him later in the day when he came back to retrieve his truck -- thanks to the security guard and his camera.

The mugger was recently sentenced to 6-15 years.

Video of mugging of 91-year-old woman in Manchester, N.H., Dec. 7, 2010 - YouTube

Story: http://www.unionleader.com/article/2011 ... /706019947

2. Remove Ads

I think a more appropriate sentence would be to line up 100 little old ladys with purses,50 on each side,then put a brick in each purse and tell them when he runs thru the line whack him with your purse,if you wanta trip him,go ahead you might be able to get a couple more whacks in
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think a more appropriate sentence would be to line up 100 little old ladys with purses,50 on each side,then put a brick in each purse and tell them when he runs thru the line whack him with your purse,if you wanta trip him,go ahead you might be able to get a couple more whacks in
    And then the last little old lady pulls a .357 and finishes his career.
    garyacman likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links