Pizza Robbery & Undercover Police Officer

This is a discussion on Pizza Robbery & Undercover Police Officer within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The AP news has the article. Maybe this should happen more often. I'm really surprised that nobody has come forth to say what "good guys" ...

Thread: Pizza Robbery & Undercover Police Officer

The AP news has the article. Maybe this should happen more often. I'm really surprised that nobody has come forth to say what "good guys" the thugs are and "how they are turning their life around." Hopefully they will get the stellar treatment from our Court system.

RI cop goes undercover on pizza delivery robberies

NEWPORT, R.I. (AP) -- Rhode Island police say two suspects picked the wrong pizza delivery guy to rob: An undercover police officer.

The Providence Journal reports ( Newport cop poses as pizza driver to nab robbery suspects - Projo 7 to 7 News Blog | Rhode Island news | The Providence Journal ) that a 30-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy were arrested in Newport on Tuesday night after they approached the officer. Police say one of the suspects had a BB gun in his waistband.

Two delivery drivers were robbed in the same area earlier this month. Police had asked restaurants to call if they received delivery orders for the neighborhood.

A-1 Pizza received the call Tuesday and notified police, who sent the officer in place of the usual driver. Lt. William Fitzgerald says the suspects were "quite shocked" to discover the delivery man was actually an officer.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I was about to ask whether A-1 Pizza allowed their drivers to carry, but, then realized I don't know zip about RI. If you check handgunlaw.us and follow the links there, it appears that RI is running a close second behind NY for having a mucked-up system for CC.

Kind of brings back memories of the movie "LoneStar state of mind",This is a hold-up!,give me all yo' monies,and them bread sticks to! wander if they knew the difference between panty hose and panty liners?!

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure the Pizza place fired the undercover officer for defending himself...they take a dim view of that kind of thing...after all it's only dough.

"Told that they were dealing with the police, one of the men ran away but was captured after a short chase, Fitzgerald said."

I suspect that the conversation was slightly more dynamic than indicated.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    "Told that they were dealing with the police, one of the men ran away but was captured after a short chase, Fitzgerald said."

I suspect that the conversation was slightly more dynamic than indicated.
    A few decibels louder and sprinkled with superlatives...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    But did he get to keep the tips from the other deliveries?

Hey, maybe pizza delivery should exclusively hire cops.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links