2 shot at Lowes in NC

This is a discussion on 2 shot at Lowes in NC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Appears to be a murder/suicide, but who knows. 2 people shot to death at Lowe's store in NC | AP Nation - The News Tribune...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bark'n

Thread: 2 shot at Lowes in NC

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

2 shot at Lowes in NC

2. Remove Ads

No way. That could not happen at a big box home improvement store like Lowe's. I only carry part time and only when I feel I may need it, and no one could possibly have a need for a gun while buying new guttering for the home! <sarcasm off>

What will it take for people to understand there are no safe places. My wife and I always carry full time, everywhere we go. At home, at the grocery store, at the gas station, at the doctors office. It doesn't matter where you go, there can always be something happen out of the blue.

Violence doesn't make appointments.

These murder/suicide domestic things always angers me. What a coward to murder your significant other then kill yourself. What a loser. Too bad for the innocent person, but no loss for the coward.
    RETSUPT99 and TSiWRX like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    If only Lowe's had posted signs banning firearms on their property this could have been avoided.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    If only Lowe's had posted signs banning firearms on their property this could have been avoided.
    Somebody will sue them for not posting those signs. Yep, could have saved her life if only they had been responsible enough to post the signs!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You dont really think this person would have not done this if Lowes posted a sign. Come on those signs are only for us responsible people carrying a gun criminals and the such dont pay attention to those signs thats why the are called criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by hdsteve69 View Post
    You dont really think this person would have not done this if Lowes posted a sign. Come on those signs are only for us responsible people carrying a gun criminals and the such dont pay attention to those signs thats why the are called criminals.
    no worries, they are being sarcastic. We all know those signs do nothing but protect the bad guys.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Somebody will sue them for not posting those signs. Yep, could have saved her life if only they had been responsible enough to post the signs!
    That is very possible . I think that after this incident we might start to see "no gun" signs posted at Lowe's too.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Don't know, from the article if she worked there, if they went in together, or what, poor reportage.

But, in the case of a domestic dispute murder/homicide, the chances of being able to stop it are pretty slim, even in public.

He pulls out the gun, shoots his SO. Turns it on himself. It's all over. In order for anyone to intervene, they'd have to be there right at the second he drew, and shoot before he got off a shot... Unlikely.

Not to throw ethnicity in here, really, but many times in conversations between those speaking oriental languages, I find it difficult to ascertain whether they are having a conversation or an argument...

So for the sake of this discussion as I see it, I see two Asians (?) speaking to one another animatedly (as usual, from my perspective) the man reaches into his pocket or beltline, for a phone? a utility knife, a what? A gun! And, he's shot her before I KNOW what is in his hand... By the time I draw, he may have the gun pointed at himself...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Don't know, from the article if she worked there, if they went in together, or what, poor reportage.
    It says something about grief counselors coming to the store for her co-workers, so I assume she worked there.

Sad story, but as stated above, not much can be done about the selfish ******** that commit these cowardly acts. Wish they would just start with themselves....
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Links