Good: Tulsa Homeowner shoots & kills intruder

This is a discussion on Good: Tulsa Homeowner shoots & kills intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; North Tulsa, lots of "bad guys" up that way if you get my drift. Tulsa Homeowner Shoots, Kills Intruder - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK ...

Thread: Good: Tulsa Homeowner shoots & kills intruder

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

"...shot the man as the man was climbing out a window, killing him instantly."

Be interesting to see how this plays out.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I'm not familiar with OKs laws, is there a duty to retreat or is it like it should be and trespassing is grounds for whatever force deemed necessary?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Yeah I'm not sure I like the "climbing out the window" part...
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I'm not familiar with OKs laws, is there a duty to retreat or is it like it should be and trespassing is grounds for whatever force deemed necessary?
    Oklahoma has had the Castle provision since 1983 (sometimes called the "Make My Day" law. He should be good to go.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Thank you for clarifying
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Hope the home owner is ok on this one. The BG got just what he needed.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

PB2
    Update says BG was not climbing out the window but still inside the home when shot.

That would be better for the homeowner.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

TITLE 21 1289.25.
    Physical or deadly force against intruder
    PHYSICAL OR DEADLY FORCE AGAINST INTRUDER

A. The Legislature hereby recognizes that the citizens of the State of Oklahoma have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.
    B. A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:

1. The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against the will of that person from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

2. The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
    The law in Oklahoma is very favorable. The way it is written this person does not have to show he was in fear of his life. It is already presumed by law.

This is Tulsa we are talking about though. The most liberal and anti-gun area of the State.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    North Tulsa, lots of "bad guys" up that way if you get my drift.[/url]
    No, I don't get your drift. Explain it to me.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Love the pic of the BG laid out for easy transport to final resting place.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Links