Bad : Unsuspected Armed Robbery

This is a discussion on Bad : Unsuspected Armed Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happend up the road from where I live. There have been dozens of threads warning people to not go investigate noises outside late at ...

This happend up the road from where I live. There have been dozens of threads warning people to not go investigate noises outside late at night. The victim learned a painful lesson of not being armed when checking out the noise, and opening the door to allow them access. Things are just getting worse around here.

Police blotter: Three men reported involved in Ohio River Road armed robbery
    September 21, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

LACIE PIERSON

The Herald-Dispatch, Huntington WV

The following information was provided by the Cabell County WV Sheriff's Office:

ARMED ROBBERY: A 25-year-old man reported three men robbed his residence in the 4700 block of Ohio River Road just before 3 a.m. Monday.

The man said he heard a thump on his front porch, and, when he went to check it, he saw a man dressed in all black. The man said as he attempted to close the door, three men, dressed in black with bandanas on their faces and carrying handguns, forced their way into his home.

The man said he was shoved to the ground and stomped by the suspects, who demanded his money. The man said he gave the suspects $575 in cash.

A woman in the residence at the time of the incident said she came out of the bathroom and was forced onto a chair by the suspects.

The suspects fled the area, and deputies have at least one suspect.

Police blotter: Three men reported involved in Ohio River Road armed robbery - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Do you know the victim?

Is he even a gun owner?

Quote Originally Posted by RugerRon View Post
    Do you know the victim?

Is he even a gun owner?
    No I do not know him personally. I know the area because I frequently travel up St. Rt 2 aka Ohio River Rd. quite often. Just not at 3 am.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

$575.00 in cash,makes me wonder why so much cash,and why did they only ask for money,sumpin tells me the guy may be slinging dope
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    $575.00 in cash,makes me wonder why so much cash,and why did they only ask for money,sumpin tells me the guy may be slinging dope
    Up until a couple of years ago, I did not opt for automatic deposit of my payroll check, and usually just cashed it. Some went immediately into savings and the rest I carried, and paid bills with. Quite often I would have more than a thousand in cash on me at all times and more than that at home. I never "slung" drugs, though I have had some ditch weed growing in my ditch this year... and promptly pulled and destroyed the plant.

Cash doesn't bounce, if you are living within your means, there is no need for plastic. Now that I carry plastic, I carry a gun. To defend myself against the BG who might express his displeasure with me (for carrying so little $$$) in a violent manner.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I carry a fair amount of cash on me and a weapon as well. I guess that makes me a drug dealer and a murderer?

Michael

Goes to show how easily bumps in the night can lead to bumps on the body.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This happend up the road from where I live. There have been dozens of threads warning people to not go investigate noises outside late at night. The victim learned a painful lesson of not being armed when checking out the noise, and opening the door to allow them access. Things are just getting worse around here.
    "http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x1548268923/Three-men-reported-involved-in-Ohio-River-Road-armed-robbery" Police blotter: Three men reported involved in Ohio River Road armed robbery - The Herald Dispatch
    I guess a "Suspected" armed robbery is preferred as it would give one time to prepare. :)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I carry a fair amount of cash on me and a weapon as well. I guess that makes me a drug dealer and a murderer?
    I can't say if he was a dope slinger or not, but it would be very unusual for me to have $500+ in the house. Even more unusual for me to check a bump in the night w/o a firearm.
    Good victim selection by the BG's. I'd guess most of the other houses on the street didn't that kind of cash on premises.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post

Michael
    You got three armed guys on your porch that rob you and the only thing they want is your money,most robbers would take any lap tops jewelry etc that they can sell on the street.One more thing that thugs been targeting is Hispanics since a lot of them don't have/can't open bank accounts and cash their pay checks.Most of the home invasions around here ARE drug related
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Goes to show how easily bumps in the night can lead to bumps on the body.
    Well said never go out with out packing

VIP Member
    Looks like the GOOD people in that area had better arm-up.

Definitely need to investigate noises with at least a handgun.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links