Bad: Car Bomb in Michigan

This is a discussion on Bad: Car Bomb in Michigan within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Metro and State | Father, 2 kids hurt in car explosion in Monroe | The Detroit News I hope this is not the new "normal." ...

Thread: Bad: Car Bomb in Michigan

Bad: Car Bomb in Michigan

Last edited by WonderBra; September 21st, 2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added another link
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Man this is just sad, and I hope for a speedy recovery from the father and two kids, and that the law finds those responsible.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    We had one go off here many years ago, rumored to be when a local bookmaker's accounts were questioned by his Chicago-based employer.

IMHO anybody using a bomb to try to kill anybody needs to be put to death when caught,you can't control who gets in the car,or who happens to be in the kill/wound radius when it detonates
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This report says the guy is a local attorney:

Car bomb E. Elm near I-75 - Monroe, MI - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    We had one go off here many years ago, rumored to be when a local bookmaker's accounts were questioned by his Chicago-based employer.
    Sure sounds like an assassination based on the you tube vid above. if the text facts accompanying the vid are correct.
    Last edited by oakchas; September 21st, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Divorce attorney maybe? They certainly seem to have a lot of people unhappy with them.
    Last car bombing in the US I specifically remember was Orlando Letilier's assassination back in 1976.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Sounds like somebody was unhappy with the decision in their case. Hope all recover quickly and they catch the individual(s) responsible.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    My first suspicion is that the attack is related to his law practice.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    It is fashionable on this board (and elsewhere) to bash attorneys, but lots of what they do puts them
    in great danger; you just never know what your adversary might do. Some folks are really sore losers.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    My first suspicion is that the attack is related to his law practice.

^^^^^^^Naw^^^^^^^^^

My money is on the neighbor lady.

She probably is a member of greenpeace, and secretly hates him for riding/polluting Lake Erie, on his Watercraft.
    Just joking!!!

Neighbor Nancy King, who has lived actross from Chappell for 17 years, said she often sees him with his family on the nearby lake beach riding their personal watercraft. "They always just seemed like a happy family," King said.

From The Detroit News: Metro and State | ATF vows nonstop probe into Monroe car blast that injures 3 | The Detroit News

I would wager somebody was afraid he would get the upper hand in the courts against him.

Liberals are like Slinkies…Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Yikes, pipe bomb loaded with ball bearings. A possible suspect may be an angry spouse of a (female) client he is representing.

Investigation heats up in Monroe car bombing incident that injured an attorney and his two sons

I'm sure with the Action News crew on the case, this will be resolved soon!

Quote Originally Posted by the article linked above
    The Action News Investigators have also been chasing down leads on who could be behind this car bombing.
    Whoa! those guys put CSI to shame!

My money's on the FEEBs and ocal LEOs, frankly.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links