2A advocate/famous child psychologist threatened kids with gun

This is a discussion on 2A advocate/famous child psychologist threatened kids with gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nationally known child psychiatrist pleads in gun threat case » Marco Eagle No more guns for you, Mr. Schaller! A nationally known Naples child psychiatrist ...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Nationally known child psychiatrist pleads in gun threat case » Marco Eagle

No more guns for you, Mr. Schaller!

A nationally known Naples child psychiatrist who pointed a gun at his teenage son’s friend, then allegedly threatened his 15-year-old son, pleaded today to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Me thinks the shrink needs a shrink.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

And that is why shrinks think you can't handle having a gun in the house, it's because they can’t handle it.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Whatta jerk! Assuming he's a trained psychiatrist, I wonder in which discipline he learned that trick...putz.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Schaller told deputies he always carries a revolver and had other guns.

Not anymore...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can't be crazy I'm a psychiatrist and I would know if I were crazy ,therefore I find myself sane
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    From the article:
    When she spanked him on the buttocks with a switch, he threatened to hit her if she continued and pushed her when she spanked him again.
    and
    The 14-year-old’s family
    There is something messed up here, and it is more than the shrink as in this case, the 'she' was the neighbor. One thing, punishment of this sort is unlikely to work very effectively on someone of that age. Two, his response strongly suggests that some very inappropriate teachings regarding how to handle emotions and conflict have been going on in the home, and it looks like there has been an emphasis on physical means of resolution.

Flipping out with a gun over teen-age bs = very bad.

Boarding School = Good.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I always figured shrinks needed shrinks anyway. It's all about that whole projection concept.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

In the Collier case, deputies were called to the neighbor’s home after 11 p.m. Jan. 2. Reports say both boys sneaked out and were caught by the friend’s mother, who argued with her son when he refused to get in her car.

When she spanked him on the buttocks with a switch, he threatened to hit her if she continued and pushed her when she spanked him again.

Reports say Schaller went inside his house and returned with a small black revolver and pointed it at the boy, saying “That is assault and battery. Get into the car or I will blow your head off.”
    Anyone dealing with out of hand teenagers of that age, probably understand his reaction, especially if he's threatened and assaulted his mother. Maybe his preference is towards "reality therapy". Although, kicking the little jerks' ass may have worked better than using a gun and not created the issues that he now has.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Maybe I live under a rock, but for a "nationally known" figure, I have never heard of him. Me thinks the press is trying to expand the damage he has done by calling him nationally known. I agree there appears to be more to this story...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Links