Elderly couple did not scare off the robber...

This is a discussion on Elderly couple did not scare off the robber... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ....with a shovel or anything else... CTPost story Held at gunpoint... Several BGs. Home invasion. Guantes said it first, more of these "multiple invader home ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Elderly couple did not scare off the robber...

Elderly couple did not scare off the robber...

....with a shovel or anything else...

CTPost story

Held at gunpoint... Several BGs. Home invasion.

Guantes said it first, more of these "multiple invader home invasions" seem to be going on... It's not so far-fetched for folks to answer the door with a gun and it doesn't have to be after midnight...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

You have to be ready, especially at late hours. Shotgun would have worked well in this instance.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My guess is that he is is a retired businessman, possibly jeweler or such and that information was known to the robbers.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    This story is yet another perfect case in point for why I carry a high capacity semi-auto with one in the chamber, even in my own home. Before anyone chimes in, no, I have never had multiple armed intruders force their way into my home. I've never had a venereal disease, either, but I still advocate the use of condoms whenever indulging in a particular adult recreation.
    TheGiant and Guest1 like this.

I carry 24/7 even in my house,knock at the door if it isn't a neighbor or UPS/Fedex I ask what they want thru the door,I can say no go away the same way
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links